Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve: Blonde Jokes

Picture: Sakura Trees

Video: Bombshell Blonde AMV

-----The Next Morning-----

*Devan’s POV*

“Tell me why the heck I’m helping you again?” I asked/stated, helping Kisuke and Yoruichi fasten the kimonos to the gigais… Or the limp-people as I called them… It was kind of creepy that he had them… But I guess the Soul Reapers had to be seen by regular people somehow…

“You’re here to make sure the Soul Reapers are comfortable with the kimonos.” Yoruichi replied, fastening a cute little hair clip into Rukia’s hair. I grimaced as the door slid open to reveal a handful of Soul Reapers, all dressed in similar kimonos as to what was on their gigais.

“Hey, Devan-San~! Do you think you could help me over here~?” I looked over to Kisuke to see him helping Renji into a gigai.

“I would rather-” I was cut off by loud voices in the front of the shop. Hannah and Jonathan…

Shut up you twit! You can’t even sense them!” I heard Jonathan yell at his older sister.

Twit is a masculine term! Git! The proper term is twat!” I stood up and huffed, straightening my kimono before slamming the door open and startling the two young teens.

Neither of you are British, so knock it off.” I seethed. Hannah rolled her eyes and sighed.

I like your dress, Devan.” Jonathan complimented.

Thanks buddy, but it’s called a kimono, not a dress.” I replied, taking Kisuke’s hat back from the boy, wherever he had found it. I didn’t even realize the pervert didn’t have the damned thing before.

“Oh, hello! You must be Hei-Kun’s siblings!” Rukia greeted cheerfully, smiling at the two brats in front of me.

“Yup! That’s us!” Hannah replied, being the one who knew Japanese.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m a friend of Heirii’s. I’m Rukia Kuchiki.” The short, black haired Soul Reaper smiled.

You’re like Mr. Urahara…” Jonathan mumbled quietly in English.

Yes, J-Kun, she is~!” I laughed at Jonathan’s face. He obviously wasn’t expecting to see Kisuke come out of literally no where. Soul Reapers began to file out of the room, some I recognized, and most of whom I didn’t even know.

“Oh. Hello, Devan-San. Is Heirii-Chan here?” Jushiro asked upon seeing me standing there. I shook my head.

“She called me late last night and said she was trying to trick a friend of hers into coming with her. I didn’t know she had any friends that I didn’t know…” I frowned, seeing the man’s eagerness deflate slightly. Shunsui-San chuckled slightly, soon getting elbowed in the ribs by a woman with black hair and glasses.

“Well, lets all get going~! Kids, where’s your mother?” Hannah pointed at the door and smirked.

She said there would be too much stupidity if she had to deal with you and Grandpa in the same room.” She replied in English, seeing the older man in the back of the group.

Of course she would say that...” Kisuke chuckled lightly. Yoruichi linked arms with him and they started for the door. “But enough about that! We better get going if we want to enjoy all of the festivities in one day~!” The blond haired shop owner cheered, leading the group out of the shop.