Heart Over Mind

"Why didn't you tell me, Jack?"

Jack shook his head sadly, and proceeded to lean it against the cool passengers side window. "I dunno... I didn' want to disappoint you... I'm sorry, Mark..." He whimpered out shakily, allowing hot tears to roll down his flushed cheeks. A few seconds later, it was over-the-top sobbing.

"Baby... It's okay, don't cry. Please stop."

Jack sniffled, still crying softly. He avoided eye contact with his boyfriend. He continued staring out of the window beside of him instead, and by chance, spotted a proud father pushing his newborn baby in a stroller. "M-Mark... That's gonna be you..." He stammered pitifully, seemingly crying even harder. "It's so cute..."

Mark actually smiled widely, simply adoring how lovey-dovey, emotional, and overly-dramatic Jack was truly being at the moment. Jack was obviously experiencing the parental love already.

Mark looked back and forth between his crying boyfriend and the highway. "What do you want to eat?" He questioned, resting his hand on Jack's knee and squeezing it as he usually did in hopes of calming him down.

"Um..." Jack murmured quietly, peering out of the windshield and drying his remaining tears with his sleeve. "Everything looks so good..."

Mark smirked, but kept it hidden as he focused on the road. "How about a nice steak dinner for my delicate flower?"

Jack turned his head and raised an eyebrow defensively. "You're the delicate flower... Try throwin' up every mornin' at four o'clock."

Mark reached for Jack's hand, tracing his thumb across the surface of his lover's skin once their fingers were intertwined. "I love you, Jack."
_______________________________________
"Ugh... He's literally an angel. I hate him. I can't believe he called me beautiful but didn't kiss me. This is so confusing."

"Mary, I'm going to tell you what my mother always told me. You can't spell disappointment without 'men'." Minx advised, shutting her locker and leaning against it as she continued to speak. "Anyways, listen. Ken really is a sweet guy. He likes you. He's one of the good ones, y'know. I think you should dump Ritchie and give Ken a chance. He would treat you like a queen."

Mary sighed exhaustedly. She was lost inside of her own head as she continued to over think. Despite her state of mind, she began switching out her textbooks and preparing for her third class of the day. There was an empty, dull look in her eyes that everyone could see. It was almost as if she had been damaged beyond repair. "Minx... I like him too. A lot. But... I have personal reasons for not leaving Ritchie."

Minx furrowed her eyebrows and pulled a strand of brunette hair away from her face. She had pinned the purple strands of her hair back with a clip, revealing her pretty face for a change. "You can tell me. I'll be here for you. Speak of the devil."

Ritchie came strutting down the hallway confidently, a group of puny, wannabe tough-guy colleagues following him. He immediately confronted Mary, who seemed to be terrified in his presence. Her eyes were wide, and her hands trembled as she placed her last book inside of the locker. "I told you about hanging out here. Come on. I'm walking you to class." Ritchie demanded, grabbing her forearm roughly and pulling her away from her locker that was still open. Mary turned her head, waving a quick goodbye to Minx as Ritchie practically dragged her down the hallway.

Once they had turned around to walk away, Minx noticed an ugly, dark bruise on the back of Mary's left arm. She cringed momentarily, shaking her head. "Maybe Cry should have plowed that motherfucker with the car..." She whispered to herself, shutting Mary's locker for her and sliding the combination lock into place once again.
_______________________________________
"Cry... This is so wrong..." Pewds whispered softly, cuffing a single hand around his mouth as he examined the short letter in his hand. "There's no way... Ritchie put this in your locker?"