Chapter 5

Dan leaned down blowing on the cut on Mackenzie's knee. she sighed as he poured a bit more peroxide onto it and it bubbled. She winced slightly before Dan but some Antibacterial Cream onto it, and reached for a bandage. A thick silence hung in the air as both minds were on the previous events.

Finishing bandaging the cut Dan looked up placing his hands onto Zie's hips to help her down. She looked up staring into his eyes.

"I won't let anyone hurt you. You know that right?" he asked.

Mackenzie simply nodded. Dan leaned forward slightly; Zie, in turn, leaning a bit forward.

"We will figure this out I promise." He said again his breath gently tickling her lips.

They leaned closer lips mere inches apart. When A voice rang out through the apartment.

"HONEY WE'RE HOME!" Tanner's voice rang out.

Dan stepped back helping Mackenzie to her feet as tanner came in eyeballing the two.

"What's going on?" She asked looking from the two before noticing the bandage.

Mackenzie watched tanner's eyes fall to the bandage. "It was nothing...I tripped." She quickly answered.

"You're lying," Tanner stated walking closer to Mackenzie. "What really happened."

Mackenzie sighed. "I fell off the couch." She lied once more.

Tanner rolled her eyes. "I believe you would, but your hiding something from me."

Mackenzie rolled her eyes walking out of the bathroom. Dan following her into the living room where the two settled onto the couch to watch a movie.

...

Tanner sat on the bed typing away. She had engrossed herself into the Deep Web. It was fascinating to her. She had slowly lost track of the real reason she had began to search it. The video fro her channel was a distant memory as she delved deep into the information. Things she never fathomed would be on there, horrible sites she wished she could forget. Each site worse then the last. She had hide it well though. Mackenzie had no idea. She didn't think she did at least. Still she was getting suspicious, so Tanner put the computer away, and stretched.

the two were still staying with Dan and Phil. Mackenzie insisted the two go and visit. Mrs. Eberly to see what was taking so long. They had been in London for two months, and they had still not revived any word on their apartment.

"Are you ready?" Mackenzie asked waling into he room and pulling a jacket around her body.

Tanner only nodded, and the two made their way into the London streets. They both were silent. Both hiding things form the other. Tanner had her mind on the Deep Web and all the things she had seen. Mackenzie still thinking about the man who had followed her home. It had been a month, and she hadn't seen the man again. Things were rather quiet in fact.

Mackenzie was pulled out of her thoughts when they arrived at the offices of the apartment building. The two went inside and the lady at the deck smiled.

"May I help you?" She asked looking up from her typing.

"We need to speak to Mrs. Eberly. Were haven't' herd about our apartment in a while."

"Your names?" She asked, and typed the girls names.

"Are you sure you were waiting on an apartment. I don't see you in here, and we currently don't have any available apartments."

The girls looked at one another. "We have been talking to her for months."

"Let me just speak with Mrs. Eberly." She smiled and stood up walking into an office.

It wasn't long before Mrs. Eberly came out with an odd smile on her lips. "I am so sorry girls; I meant to call you. It seems I made a mistake and promised the apartment to another couple before you, I am afraid we don't expect to have any more apartments available in the near future."

Mackenzie began to feel her heart race. "What? We moved from another country....you promised us an apartment?"

"Zie it's fine." Tanner insisted pulling at Zie's arms.

"NO~" She yelled.

Mrs. Eberly took a deep breath, "I am afraid we can't rent to you. There ....we do not rent ... I am sorry." She finished. "Cathy, can you see these ladies off the property?"

"No need." Tanner hissed getting slightly irritated herself.

The two girls made their way back to Dan and Phil's. Zie silently panicking. Her mind racing. They had no home. They had to go back and tell Dan and Phil that they had no apartment to move into. Something about the situation sat wrong with Her though. Something about her smile, and the was you couldn't relay give them one answer as to why they could not rent to the two.

"Everything is going to be fine Zie. Dan and Phil won't put us out on the street. I promise we will be ok." Tanner smiled.

....

Dan and Phil shook their heads and smiled at the girls. The girls had just told them what had happened and they two insisted the girls stayed with them until they found a place. They didn't care how long it took. They had a home with the boys as long as they needed. Still, something was off to Dan. Things didn't add up. He shoved the thoughts out of his mind though.

 He shoved the thoughts out of his mind though