Chapter 8

Dan got a hotel sweet for the night with two rooms. Tanner immediately went to one room, closed the door and called Phil. Dan sighed wondering why Phil hadn't mentioned the two had some sort of thing going on, but then again he was Phil's best friend and should have picked up on it. Zie sat on the couch staring into space. Dan sat next to her and pulled her into his arms. Something he had done several times that night. He wanted to be there for her no matter what.

The two sat in silence Zie Clinging to Dan like he was her lifeline. Like if he let go of her she would shatter into a million tiny pieces, and so he sat there holding her. being what she needed at that very moment.

Finale he heard her let out a tiny yawn. "Stay with me tonight? I don't want to leave you alone."

Zie nodded in responses, "I need to change first." She said and headed into the room Tanner was in the change.

"No Phil you don't have to come home. We are fine. They are changing the apartment locks tomorrow. The tech guys are checking for cameras. If anything else happens I will call and you can rush home, but for now, we are fine....I miss you too....Phil before you go do you mind...while you are gone can I stay in your room?...Thank you! See you Friday. I promise to call if anything else happens. Bye."

Zie pulled her pajamas out and changed while Tanner was talking to Phil. When Tanner hung up she looked at Zie.

"I should have told you about the video. I Probably put us all in danger."

Zie sat next to Tanner and pulled her into a hug. "You don't know that, and even if it is true. You didn't do it on purpose. Just...you have got to be more careful."

Tanner nodded. "I will. um...also there is something else I haven't told you."

"About a certain Philip Lester?" Zie teased.

Tanner nodded. "I am not sure exactly what it is yet, but whatever it is it is good, and He makes me happy."

"He better treats my best friend right," Zie warned.

Tanner laughed then raised an eyebrow. "So ... you and Dan?"

Zie sighed. "We are just friends. Nothing is going on. He is just being...protective."

Tanner rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say." 

Zie took a deep breath and stood up. "By the way, I am going to stay with him tonight."

"Because of Friendship goals?" Tanner teased.

Zie grabbed a pillow and hit Tanner with it. "Night loser."

"Night!" Tanner called.

Zie made her way to Dan's room. She knocked lightly and got a 'come in' in response. She opened the door to find Dan in bed flipping through his phone. He smiled putting it on the night table and held up his blankets. Zie walked over climbing in and curling up to him. Neither spoke. They laid in silence in one another arms. Finale Dan reached down gently tilting her head up towards him. He leaned down his lips gently pressing against hers. The kiss lasted only moments, and when they pulled apart Dan pulled her even closer to him.

"I am never letting you go." He said softly as her eyes grew heavy and she drifted into a deep sleep.