Chapter 9

Mackenzie's eyes fluttered open. She felt arms holding her tightly, and her mind drifted to the night before. She could still feel his lips on hers and she let a smile slowly creep onto her lips. Then reality slapped her in the face like a scorned woman, and she remembered the rest of the night. She took a shaky breath and sighed. Sitting up in bed and looking at Dan's sleeping form.

She slides out of Dan's arms and scooted off the bed gently trying not to wake Dan. She padded across the room and slid out shutting it silently behind her. She took a heavy breath standing in front of the door and looking around suspiciously. She half expected to see something or someone. She felt naked; like she was begin watched.

The clock read 6 am. She sighed knowing she wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep. Dan and Tanner wouldn't be awake for hours. That left Zie alone with her thoughts and fears. How long had he been watching her? What if it wasn't just one person. Tanner thought it might be someone on the Deep Web. Who knew what kind of freak could have found them. What if the police couldn't help them. Would she end up like one of those Reddit stories? She felt a knot forming in the pit of her stomach. Her breath became labored. Who knew what they wanted. One of them had followed her to Dan and Phil's had that been her fault?

"Zie?" Dan's voice echoed causing Mackenzie to jump and let out a yelp. " Wow! I a sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

Mackenzie looked at him then burst into tears. Dan rushed over to her pulling her into him. She sobbed as all her thought piled into one big heap. She was scared, and she didn't know what to do or how to get out of the situation.

"It's ok Zie we will figure this out. The guy is just trying to scare us. He is probably some jerk from youtube who is a fan and trying to screw with us."

"But what if Tanner is right; what if it is someone from the Deep Web? Who knows what this person is capable. Why aren't you more scared?"

Dan took a deep breath. The truth was he was terrified. He wanted to run away; move to another country and change his name. What would that solve though? Then there was Mackenzie. He would do anything to protect her. even if every instinct was telling him to run he would never do that to her.

"I am terrified Zie; I want nothing more than to run and hide. What is that going to solve though? Besides I need to protect you. I want to protect you."

Mackenzie sniffled and looked up at Dan with sad eyes. He reached down wiping away the tears. His hand lingered on her cheek.

"Do you have any idea how much you mean to me? How long have I wanted to tell you how I felt without awkward Dan moment's scaring you away? I am not letting anything happen to you."

Mackenzie gave a small smile as she slowly leaned towards Dan. He smiled pulling her into his lap and once again brushing his hand over her cheek. Gently he pulled her face towards his. His lips gently touching hers at first. He felt all the want...all the need he had felt for the last two years burning deep within him, and he deepened the kiss. He pulled her body aginst his leaving no space. He kissed her with a hunger that had been building up. When they pulled apart her brought her hands to his mouth and gently kissed the tips of her fingers.

"I want to be with you Zie. I am so in love with you, and I have been for years." Dan took a deep breath not looking at her. He was afraid to look at her.

Mackenzie took a deep breath and kissed the tip of Dan's nose. "I want to be with you too Dan. I have from the moment Tanner dragged me to you at Vid Con the first time, and you mumbles awkwardly at me and gave a weird wink and a wave."

Dan laughed finally looking at her. "Only you would fall in love with my mumbling."

Mackenzie laughed and leaned in giving him a gentle pack. "I am yours as long as you will have me."

Dan gave an awkward smile. "Then can I keep you forever?"