Chapter 12

A/N: Trigger warning: This chapter may trigger some people. It also has suggested sexual themes. (Nothing is described just implied. This isn't smut!)

They were moving safe houses every three days. They were cut off from the internet, from their channels. They had no idea what their fans were saying. Had they noticed their absence from twitter? Would their channel suffer? What would they say when they got back? What would they be allowed to say? Would they even get back? A million thoughts raced through their minds.

Now they say in a car headed to another safe house just outside of London. Detective Myers was going to be meeting them there with an update.

Dan sat silently staring out the window. Mackenzie sat next to him. Neither spoke. In fact, they hadn't spoken to one another in days. At least Dan hadn't responded. He was keeping to himself as if without Phil he was shutting down. He was pushing Zie away, and he didn't know what to do. They needed each other right now. If they couldn't get through this what would become of them? Not to mention she felt as if he was blaming her for Phil missing; blaming both of them.

Tanner sat in the front seat staring straight ahead. She wanted nothing more than to hear Phil's voice, but their phones had been taken away. The police believed they were being traced with them. She felt responsible for Phil's disappearance. If anything happened to hi, she would never forgive herself. She didn't know if she could either way. She had brought this down on them. If she hadn't been messing around with things she didn't understand this would have never had happened.

"We're here." Their handler Evan announced.

They stared up at a run down farm house. windows boarded up. It looked as if the place could topple over at any moment, but then again all the places they had been was run down.

Detective Myers stepped from inside the house. The group got out and silently followed Myers into the faded white house. The inside wasn't much better. A thick layer of dust covered most of the room. A dingy yellow couch sat under a boarded up window. Doors were falling off the cabinets, and a faint musty smell lingered in the air. The group filed inside and sighed. Myers pointed to a box of sheets that looked to be clean. Mackenzie grabbed on and Tanner helped her cover the couch with it.

The three sat down quietly. Dan staring towards the kitchen waiting. Mackenzie watching her hands wring together nervously. Tanner stared intently at Myers.

The detective cleared his through and handed a photo to Mackenzie. She stared at it, and the color drained from her face. She recognized the man. He had been the one chasing her to Dan and Phils.

"That's him! He was chasing me that's him!" she screeched getting Dan and Tanner to both looks at her.

"You are sure that is him?" Myers asked softly.

Zie nodded her head staring at the photo. "I would recognize him anywhere. " Who..??!!"

"From what we know his name is James Thomas. More than likely an alias. He is a ghost. We can't find any information on him. We pulled this from a traffic cam from the day he followed you. I have something to show you. It may upset you, but...'

"Show me!" She said cutting him off.

Myers nodded and handed her a tablet. She pushed the play button as Dan and Tanner scooted towards her. The video began playing.

'Zie exited the grocery store with two bags of groceries and headed down the street. A man who had been looking at a display window turned and walked the same direction. The camera flicked to another camera. Mackenzie was hurrying down the street. She walked directly in front of the camera. The man followed but had something in his hand. The next camera was even closer Mackenzie was sprinting. The man ran right behind her the object clutched in his hands. The video stopped.'