Chapter 17

Phil sat up in his bed and let out a scream; sweat dripped down his face, and he panted heavily. Two arms snaked around him and he looked over trying to catch his breath. Tanner looked up at him worry on her face. He gave a weak smile and reached up wiping the sweat from his face. It had been three months since Phil escaped. The police had found no evidence the man had been working with anyone else. It didn;t make Phil feel any better, however. The nightmares only got worse as time went on. To the point where they had to move. Phil couldn't sleep int hat apartment knowing the man who kidnapped him had bee inside.

They had moved to a bigger apartment, and he insisted that the girls move in.  He needed Tanner, and he couldn't explain why.  The nightmares weren't as frequent when she was around. Therapy seemed to help a bit as well, but he was still tormented. 

"Phil..." Tanner began, but he silenced her with a quick peck on the lips. 

"I am fine it was just another nightmare." he told her standing up.  

Tanner frowned, "Then where are you going?" She asked

"To the restroom." He answered leaning down and kissing her once more. "I promise you I will be fine." 

She signed and nodded in response as Phil walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He leant on the vanity and stared at his reflection in the mirror.  He had dark circles under his eyes. His pale skin was paler than usual. He was afraid to sleep anymore. Tanner being there helped, but he still couldn't erase the thoughts from his mind.  He was afraid to leave the house, he hadn't made a video in months.  He needed to snap out of it, but he didn't know how. If he hadn't escaped what would the man have done to him? Would he have gotten to his friends?  What would have happened if he had gotten the girls? What would he have done? 

Then other thoughts would creep in. The moment the pipe came through the man's chest. HE closed his eyes as a few tears escaped. He had killed a man, it didn't matter that the man had kidnapped him. He had ended another human's life.  That was something he would have to live with for the rest of his life. 

The bathroom door opened and tanner poked her head in. Phil looked back smiling then turned the cold water on and splashed his face.  Tanner stepped inside grabbing a towel and walking to Phil as he turned around and leant against the vanity. she pressed her body against him and reached up drying his face. She finished he smiled at her. 

"Thak you." He said softly wrapping his arms around her waist. 

"All I  did was dry your face." She answered confused. 

"Not for that. For being there for me when I need you most." 

She smiled laying her head on his chest. "I will always be here." 

A/N: The next chapter will be the last one.  I have been struggling with how to end this story. Or if I should, but I don't know where else I can take it at this point.