Brownie Time

_Vic_

I couldn't help but worry about Isabella ever since she called me. I sat in the car for over and hour on Sunday while both she convinced me she didn't need me there.

It's only Wednesday, I was picking her up from school Friday just like last week.

"You've been on edge for the past few days, if she needs you she will call you." Mike put his hand on my shoulder.

"I know but I can't forget how upset she sounded." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"I know it's hard but you'll see her real soon and you'll know she's okay."

I nodded.

"Who's ready for practice bitches?!" Jaime yelled as he walked in.

"Ooh, wrong time?" He asked when he saw Mike and I.

"Nah man, you're good. We just gotta wait for the turtle." I said with a small smile.

_Isabella_

Everything continued on pretty normally, mom was upset but she tried to hide it. I felt like shit.

"Ms. Carson, can you tell us what x equals?" Mr. Madison asks with a smirk, thinking he caught me offguard.

"16." I answered without missing a beat.

"How did you get that answer?" He asked.

I explained in detail how I got the answer and he nodded. I continued to work on the study packet. The bell rang when I was on the the last page.

I couldn't wait to get finals done and over with so I could be done with this for a little while.

I walked out if the class room and across the school to my 2nd hour, meeting up with Emma on the way.

"You like like hell." She told me and put her arm around my shoulders.

"I haven't slept very well since Sunday." I explained with a yawn. I had given my few friends a short summary of what went down so they would stop asking me what was wrong.

"We're watching a movie in third, try to sneak a nap in there, I'll wake you up before the bell." Emma offered.

"Have I told you that you're the best recently?" I asked.

"It helps to hear it often." She said and we laugh as we walked into class.

Science passed quickly seeing as we were doing a lab.
When the bell rang, i went back in the direction of my 1st hour with Emma, turning a hallway sooner.

I took my seat in the back corner. I have told the teacher many times that I couldn't see from all the way back here but she never listened. I took my glasses of and handed them to our friend Tj who sits next to me, Emma was two seats in front and Oliver was on the opposite side of the room.

When class started the teacher turned of the lights and down my head went.

***

The rest of the day passed quickly and soon I was walking home.

But of course my day couldn't have just been easy, as I left the school parking lot, it started to rain.

I buried my electronics in my backpack. I couldn't text my mom to pick me up seeing that she was back to work.

I tried to run but the weight of my backpack refused to let that happen.

I groaned and walked as fast as I could home. About half way there it started to pour.