t h r e e

Ava's P.O.V

I woke up this morning with such a sense of freedom, no more high school. Skipping a grade has its perks. I trudged down the stairs expecting to see my dad or Stiles, but there was no one. I sighed seeing two notes sitting on the counter waiting for me, got called in early this morning, love dad. I nodded to myself and read the other, going out, don't wait up, I'll be home tonight, Stiles.

"Well, I guess I can do whatever I feel like then." I spoke to myself, grabbing a granola bar and a water, what should I do today? I thought to myself, pointlessly laying on the couch. I lifted my phone off of my stomach as it started ringing, "Hello." I sang as I answered, "Ava!" My friend Hannah almost shouted through the phone, "Hannah!" I mimicked.

"Wanna go hang out at the lake?" She asked, I could just picture her eyes begging me to say yes. "Sure, meet you there in fifteen." I responded, she mumbled an ok and hung up.

I smiled as I changed into my swimsuit and cover up, I haven't seen Hannah in so long. I hate that she's a year older than me and gets to go to school to follower her dreams, where as I've been stuck in high school.

-

"Oh." I mumbled to myself, seeing Hannah and her boyfriend trying to eat each others faces. "Hannah!" I called out, still being a little bit distant from them, she pulled away from him and smiled at me. I walked over looking around and seeing a bunch of her boyfriend, Zach's friends, "Hey, Zach." I greeted him quickly, grabbing Hannah and pulling her to the side, he shrugged it off and went back to his friends in the water. "Why didn't you tell me that he was coming?" I asked, glancing up and instantly hiding myself with her body.

"What?" She asked turning, I yanked her back into place, "I forgot Theo and Zach are friends." I mumbled to her, peeking over her shoulder, relieved to see them farther away from us. I stood up straight as her smile grew, "Do you like him?" She asked jumping up and down, "No." I deadpanned, she stopped jumping and stared me down, "Ugh fine, I don't know what I feel because outside of school he's nice to me but in school he was rude." I explained, running out of breath.

"Yeah, but schools out so you don't have to worry about that anymore." She told me, getting all excited again. Next thing I know she's pulling my hair out of its bun and telling me to take my cover up off. "What are you doing?" I asked quietly, removing my cover up as told, "We're going to get Theo's attention on you." She hummed happily, looking me over quickly before nodding in content.

"Excuse me?" I remarked, holding my ground as she tried to pull me along with her. "Come on, you know you wouldn't mind to see him staring at you." She laughed, I felt my cheeks burning up. I sighed giving in and laughing as I almost fell on her when she pulled me, "Calm down." I scolded her, she rolled her eyes, "I'm going to my boyfriend, you go do... I don't know something." She said, leaving me to stand by the water by myself.

"Hey, Ava." I heard from behind me, I turned and saw Ethan, Zach's younger brother, "Hey." I responded, 'What's up?" I added on, he shrugged, "I've been ordered to come over here with you." He laughed, motioning towards Hannah. I glared at her for a second, "Oh, it's fine, really go have fun." I told him, he shrugged, throwing an arm around my shoulders, I mentally killed Hannah for making me do this. I smiled up at him going along with the act.

"Is he looking?" I asked in a whisper, he nodded, laughing at me softly, wether that was part of the act or not, I don't know. "He actually looks really annoyed, so I'm just gonna go." He told me, rushing off a second later. I looked towards the water to see Theo walking towards me, I felt my heart rate pick up at the sight of him. "What did Zach want?" Theo asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Just wanted to talk." I responded, acting as if I was daydreaming about him. I noticed him roll his eyes.

"So I've been meaning to ask you, do you want to go out sometime?" He asked, making me freeze. "Uh sure." I responded, trying not to sound like I'm freaking out inside. "Tomorrow, I'll pick you up at six." He told me before walking off, leaving me there to process what just happened.