t w e n t y f o u r

Ava's P.O.V

I laughed as Theo sat on the ground surrounded by everything that came with the crib, he glared at me jokingly as he tried to figure out how to put everything together. We finally decided on a name, just over a month until we have the baby. Chase Michael Raeken, Theo was given the task to pick the middle name since I had already, in my mind, decided that he was going to be named Chase.

"Babe." Theo whined, as I chuckled again at his confusion, "let me see the instructions." I mumbled holding my hands out for them, normally I would be down there helping him put it together, just like I had with the other baby furniture but now my stomach is just too big to be getting up and down from the floor. So, here I was sitting on the edge of the bed watching the disaster in front of me unfold. "Theo, baby." I mumbled slowly, he looked up at me tiredly, not having much sleep last night since I was up, because Chase was trying to play soccer in my stomach, at least that's what it felt like.

"Flip the wood over." I told him, he did and practically slapped himself as he saw the pieces were marked with numbers, which made the instructions easy to understand. I was laughing as I handed the papers back to him and he looked embarrassed and shocked at his own mistake. "Oh my god." I breathed out, my laughter starting to die down as he slowly started putting the parts together. "If I wasn't so tired this wouldn't have happened." He tried to defend himself as he screwed the pieces together.

"Whatever you say, Theo." I responded, quickly snapping a picture of him, why? Because I wanted to, and it was honestly a cute picture. I placed my hand on my stomach, smiling as I thought about all the pictures I would be taking of my baby in just a few weeks.

"Good job." I complimented Theo once he finished putting the crib together, knowing he needed to hear it in the midst of his exhaustion and determination to do a good job. He kissed my temple before picking the garbage up off the floor. I watched as he walked out before looking around to see baby stuff scattered across our whole room, I didn't mind, it was actually a nice site to see. The crib, changing table and dresser combo, bouncer, and two entire boxes of diapers. Along with a box filled to the brim with baby clothes, ranging from sizes new born to seven months.

I started taking clothes out of the box and separating them, setting aside an outfit that I wanted to bring him home from the hospital in. The rest of them I started putting into his little dresser, except for the first drawer, that was only for wipes, baby powder, etc. We never had a baby shower, I insisted on not having one, most girls would want one, but everyone I know had already gotten us stuff and I didn't want to make them feel obligated to get us anything else.

Lydia, of course had gotten us a bunch of clothes. Stiles and my dad got us the crib, which made me cry and I don't know if it's because it meant that much to me or because I'm emotional all the time now. Scott and Kira got a joint gift from themselves, which was a fairly expensive bouncer, I'm assuming it was Kira's idea because I just can't see Scott thinking of that.

Everyone else just got us little things, some more clothes here and there, bottles, toys, that kind of stuff. And whatever else was left that we needed we got ourselves, like the changing table, some bedding for the crib, stuff like that. Let me tell you one thing, it is expensive to shop for a baby, and it honestly scared me since I don't have an income really, which is why I was planning on getting a job as soon as I could after Chase was born, but Theo got a raise at work. A mighty big raise, and it really made things easy on us, considering this apartment was really cheap for the size.

"You know if you're trying to be sneaky about taking a picture of me, you should probably turn the flash off." I explained, looking behind me to see Theo standing there with my camera. He sheepishly smiled setting it down, "I'm gonna take a shower." He told me, wiping the sweat off of his forehead, I nodded, going back to putting away clothes. Our air conditioning is broken, but the guy is coming to fix it in an hour or two, since being pregnant put a rush on our case.

***

I furrowed my eyebrows as my phone started ringing in my pocket, I pulled it out trying to find my way out of the main crowd of people. I was at a photography convention, only about an hour outside of town, but it took a lot of convincing with Theo to let me go by myself. He said I was too far along to be going by myself, which I guess he was right but I'm fine, it's not like I'm going to go into labor in this giant crowd.

"Hello?" I asked confused as I answered my phone, my dad on the other end, I was covering my other ear with my free hand to hear him better. "You might want to come down to the station." He told me, a stern tone to his voice. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked him, already digging my keys out of my purse and squeezing my way through the crowd. All I managed to hear him say was something about Theo and a fight. I quickly told him I would be there as soon as possible, I groaned once I got outside, what the hell has he gotten himself into now.

"Theo!" I gasped walking in with my dad to see him I'm a cell, with Andrew in another. "So it is true, the b-" "you watch your mouth!" My dad snapped pointing an accusing finger at Andrew, he shut his mouth when Theo started glaring at him as well. "Let him out." I told my dad motioning to Theo, he sighed unlocking it and instantly Theo came out. "What happened?" I asked, looking him over he wasn't too beaten up, nothing compared to Andrew. And he still wasn't as bad as that night at Scott's house which was a relief.

"He started saying a bunch of bull and I told him to stop and he got all up in my face." Theo explained, sounding like a little boy who just got in trouble. "Who threw the first punch?" I asked, knowing my dad needed to know who started it, just because Theo is my boyfriend doesn't mean he can just let him off without knowing what happened. "Andrew." He sighed, "thank god." I whispered under my breath. I took a second to look at Andrew and he looked horrible, you think he would learn not to go up against someone like Theo. I went into my dads office to sit down well they handled all of that.