t w e n t y t w o

Ava's P.O.V

"Nervous?" Theo asked softly, still having a hint of amusement in his voice. I nodded, looking over at him, his truck wasn't totaled which was good, so here we are sitting in the parking lot of the doctors office. My appointment is in twenty minutes and they said to show up early to fill out paperwork, which I'm not looking forward to. "Let's go." He sighed, opening his truck door, I climbed out of the passenger side and let out a shaky breath.

"Why am I so nervous?" I asked, "do you want the truth? Or the sweet, not real version?" Theo responded. "Truth." I said, "well, people are gonna judge us, a lot, probably. And you've never been here before, hell, the doctor might even judge us." He shrugged, as if it was no big deal. "So helpful." I groaned, pulling the door open. "Hey, you wanted the truth." He mumbled as we walked up to the front desk. "Appointment for, Ava Stilinski." I told the receptionist, she nodded looking up but not seeming phased by my age.

"Fill these out." She smiled handing me the clipboard of that had at least four pages on it, with a ton of questions on them. I sighed sitting down in the corner, grabbing a pen on the way. Theo sank down in the chair next to me, scanning over the room, filled with mostly, twenty or thirty something married couples. I didn't even look up, not wanting to see the eyes that I could feel burning into my skull. I grabbed my wallet out of my purse, digging through it for my insurance card, I copied the information off of it, feeling like such an adult.

I bit my lip, holding back a laugh when Theo hit his cast on the chair, making a fairly loud noise, I shook my head staying silent as I heard some guy stifling back a laugh across the room. I could picture the small embarrassment showing on Theo's face. The rest of the last paper was for the office to fill out, I got up handing the clipboard back to the receptionist, and putting the pen back in the cup.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry." I rushed out when the door swung open and I almost ran into a very pregnant woman. "It's fine." She assured me, she looked young, like my age young, and she was by herself. "Are you sure?" I asked, she looked exhausted which made me nervous, knowing in a few months that will be me. "Yeah." She gave me a small smile before she started, literally waddling off.

"What was that about?" Theo asked as I sat next to him, "nothing, I was just saying sorry for almost walking into her." I explained shortly, trying to keep myself from bouncing my leg up and down. "Ava?" A nurse called, I stood up anxiously, Theo following me. "Alright, hun. I'm gonna have you step up there." She motioned to the scale, I nodded, getting up there and standing as still as possible, "good." She mumbled writing the weight down, "this way." She motioned for us to follow her, I did, with a thankful attitude that she didn't seem to care about my age.

"The doctor will be in shortly." She shut the door behind her, leaving Theo and I in silence, "she was nice." He mumbled, trying to ease the nerves in the room, it didn't work, quite honestly, I don't think anything would have worked. "You're still coming over tomorrow right?" I asked, forcing myself to think of how nice tomorrow will be. It's my birthday, and I insisted on a simple day at the house with my friends, family, and boyfriend, obviously. "Wouldn't miss it." He smiled, finally sitting on the side of me where he actually can grab my hand without his cast getting in his way.

There was a knock on the door before it opened revealing the doctor, she smiled. "I'm Dr. Charles." She introduced, shaking mine and Theo's hands. We introduced ourselves shortly, wanting to get on with it. For a while it was just more questions, how did I find out I was pregnant, etc.

"This might be a little cold." She laughed softly, putting the gel on my stomach, grabbing the ultrasound wand and slowly moving it across my stomach, I glanced at Theo when he squeezed my hand, I gave him a soft smile before the doctor made a noise catching my attention. "Is everything okay?" I asked, looking at the screen but not seeing anything that made sense. "Perfect." She assured me, turning the monitor towards us and pointing out what is our baby, even though it looked absolutely nothing like a baby. I still became emotional, "wow." I breathed out, Theo made a weird noise making me turn towards him, he was clearly holding back some kind of emotion. I didn't say anything about it, letting us both enjoy the moment.

I looked at everything differently when I left the doctors office, of course all along I had known I was pregnant, the morning sickness a clear sign. But now having the doctor show me, it makes it all feel ten times more real, suddenly it all seemed more dangerous, or more precious. It made me think more of how we were going to raise this child, loving and accepting, of course, but home wise, the going back and forth between Theo and I. "So, my dad said he wants to help us get some of the baby furniture in a couple of months." I explained, watching the trees along the road fly by outside. I looked over at Theo to see him nodded.

"That would probably help out a lot." He paused sounding slightly nervous, a hint of hesitation in his voice. "What's-" "I was going to wait until tomorrow to ask you." He rushed his words, cutting me off abruptly, I looked at him skeptically, he pulled off onto a side road and parked off to the side of it. What was he going to ask? Tomorrow's my birthday, why would he do it then, unless it's something good. "I talked to your dad, awkwardly." He added, I started growing impatient, "Theo, come on." I whined, he let out a short laugh. "Do you want to move in with me?" I started coughing, more like, choking on air. "What?" I asked in shock, "wait, what did my dad say?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"I was stubborn so eventually it turned into a 'only if she wants to do it' kind of answer." He explained, trying not to become frustrated with me not answering the question. "Isn't it too soon- well I guess that doesn't really matter anymore. But what-" "yes or no, Ava?" Theo finally groaned, I panicked, "can I think about it for the night?" I asked, feeling bad when I saw sadness flash across his face for a moment.

"Of course." He answered, returning to his normal protective-of-my-feelings self.