t w e n t y e i g h t

Ava's P.O.V

"What's the matter?" I laughed as Chase made grabby hands at me, "crazy baby." I mumbled placing kisses all over his face making him give me a toothless smile. He gripped on to my shirt as I walked around, "you're so big." I told him, sitting him down on the counter, a hand on his back to keep him steady, he's five months old now, and he's able to sit up on his own for a few minutes but not much more than that at a time. I smiled as someone knocked on the door, most likely my next customer. I started my own little photography business, nothing special, I run it out of the living room, with a white backdrop against the wall.

"Hi!" I smiled softly as I opened the door, a lady I met in the grocery store, of all places, was standing there with her daughter. "And who is this?" I lowered myself to her daughters height, she couldn't be any older than five. She smiled but stood behind her mother. "Sorry." Her mom apologized. "It's fine." I assured her stepping aside and motioning for her to come in. I explained everything to her, and prices for different things, before starting to take lots of pictures of her daughter.

***

"Momma wants you." Theo told Chase, who looked at me from his spot on Theo. He understands the basics, he knows that I'm mommy and that Theo's daddy, which is adorable because whenever you say one of them he looks for us. I held my hands out for him and he graciously went into them, almost falling off of Theo in the process. "Hi!" I grinned holding Chase up before lowering him down to be sitting on me. "Hi." Theo smirked, I rolled my eyes, "I was talking to my baby." I remarked. "I know." He laughed, stretching his arms above his head as he yawned.

"I talked to my mom today, about the house." Theo started off, I looked at him expectantly, wanting to know what she said. In the past month, things have smoothed out between us, and Theo was finally allowing her to act like Chase's grandma. "Her and my dad agreed and said it was a good idea." He finally told me after dragging it out to make me nervous. "Yes! Oh my goodness finally no more apartment!" I cheered. His parents were moving, but their house was payed off and they wanted to rent it out for extra money, so Theo and I offered to take it so we could get out of this tiny apartment. "Hey, you love this place." He defended, "yes, babe, I loved this place before there was three of us living in it." I explained.

***

I turned with a raised eyebrow when I heard a binky hit the floor, "Chase." I warned picking it up and going to wash it off, making him start crying from his pack and play. "Babes, its right here." I chuckled popping it back in his mouth, I laid him back down on his back, watching for a minute as he started sucking on it before his eyes shut. That child can push his binky over the edge of that thing all day. "Home early?" I asked as I heard the front door shut, expecting it to be Theo, I glanced behind me when I didn't hear anything, Stiles was standing there with raised eyebrows, "you left it unlocked." He told me. I furrowed my eyebrows, that's not good, I guess I need more sleep.

"Don't touch my child he needs to sleep." I said in a threatening tone, "eyes in the back of your head." Stiles grumbled coming over to me instead. "How did the date go?" I smirked, glancing at him as he started pulling dishes out of the cupboards for me, just as I have been doing. I took them, wrapping them in the newspaper and laying them in the box. "Good." He answered casually, "that's nice." I smiled at him, he nodded, oddly silent. "Why so quiet?" I asked, elbowing him in the side softly, "she didn't really seem into it, you know? It was awkward.. just like I said it would be." He explained, pushing himself up to sit on the counter.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad." I assured him, putting the stack of dishes down and focusing my attention on him. "What if I've been in love with her for years and it turns out to be nothing?" He asked, catching me off guard, he's normally not so open with this, with me anyways. "Why would you say that?" I raised my eyebrows, glancing over at Chase who was sleeping peacefully. "Because, Ava." He answered simply, jumping when his phone started ringing from underneath him. He got down from the counter and tugged his phone out. I took a sneaky look and saw Lydia's picture across his screen.

I smiled to myself as he rushed off to answer the phone, "oh, Stiles." I mumbled, laughing under my breath, I heard him somehow still fumbling over his words after all these words. "Theo, I swear if that isn't you we have a serious problem." I said aloud as the door was opened, "I guess we don't have a serious problem." Theo answered, setting his keys down, "Stiles is here?" He asked, coming up next to me, shrugging his jacket off. "Yeah, Lydia problems." I answered simply, "your son keeps pushing his binky over the edge of the pack and play." I mumbled hearing the familiar sound followed by Chase's crying winding up. Theo removed his lips from the top of my head and went to get Chase.

"Little man, what seems to be the problem?" I smiled, taping the box in front of me shut. "Ava, Ava, Ava." I looked behind me as Stiles rushed his words, "she had a good time and wants to go out again?" I guessed, glancing over to Theo as he stood there watching intently along with Chase who was leaning against Theo. "Damn it." Stiles muttered, "oh, hey Theo." He added, noticing him standing there. "One of you better make yourself useful and help me pack this stuff up." I glanced up to see Theo passing Chase to Stiles before coming over to help me.