e l e v e n

Ava's P.O.V

"Stiles! Can you help me with these!" I shouted, placing down some of the groceries I just bought. "Stiles are you-" "Ava." Stiles said, making me freeze, a nervous tone to his voice. "Yeah?" I answered turning around, "have you been home at all since I went out earlier?" He asked, his eyes begging me to say yes. "No." I answered, shaking my head slowly. "Why?" I asked, starting to walk towards the door, to get more groceries thinking he'd follow me. "Go look in your room." He demanded.

"Why, Stiles?" I asked, confused by his behavior. "Damn it Ava, just go look in your room!" He snapped, pulling at his hair. I didn't say anything instead I just started rushing up to my room, my anxiety rising, telling myself it must just be a prank, maybe Scott will jump out and scare me. Something, anything, but the tone of his voice told me otherwise.

I felt myself take a step back when I opened my bedroom door, my heart feeling as if it had stopped. My breathing hitched in my throat, I felt the tears run down my face. My walls had been covered in blown up pictures of Theo and I at the lake, some of them just of me. I started running down the stairs, dialing Theo's number as I did so.

"He-" "Have you been in my room today!?" I asked Theo urgently, "what are you talking about?" He asked, confusion lacing his tone. "Just answer the question!" I shouted through the phone, my voice shaking. "No, of course not. What's wrong?" He responded, I looked at Stiles shaking my head, he had been looking at me hopefully. Stiles, came over and grabbed my arm, pulling me out the front door as he called someone on his phone.

"Ava! What's going on?" Theo asked, pulling my attention away from Stiles as we sat inside his Jeep. "I came home and there was pictures of us all over my wall, from the lake yesterday." I explained, sniffling slightly, "that guy went into your house!" He snapped, I nodded even though he can't see me. Stiles pulled the phone from my hand, starting to talk to Theo but I zoned out, realizing that there was indeed someone in our house- in my room. The same one who took pictures of us. I knew I wasn't seeing things.

I jumped as the Jeep door was yanked open, I saw my dad standing there, Parrish going into the house as my dad looked over Stiles and I. "Are you okay?" He asked both of us, I nodded, allowing him to pull me out of the Jeep hugging me tightly. "Ava!" I heard Theo shout, footsteps rushing towards us. After a minute, my dad let go of me. "He was in my room!" I whispered harshly into Theo's shoulder as he clung to me. He nodded, "I know." He sighed, trying to keep his cool.

I felt Stiles' hand on my shoulder, our dad coming up to us, Parrish following. I bit my lip as I stood in between Theo and Stiles, "Stiles, I want you and Ava to stay at Scott's house tonight." My dad explained shortly, "what about you?" I asked instantly, "I'm not going to be off until later, I'll be fine." He assured me. "Stiles, take care of her." My dad whispered as he hugged him. I watched as he gave Theo a reassuring pat on the shoulder, my mind wandering with ideas. "I'll talk to you later, okay? You should go now." Theo mumbled, I didn't want to leave, but I didn't have a choice.

*** 5 hours later

"Thank you again." I sighed to Scott's mom, as Stiles, Scott and Isaac all sat around in the living room talking, always becoming silent when I walked into the room. "Not a problem." Melissa assured me, before saying goodbye to everyone and heading off to work. I trudged up the stairs, to the guest room that had been designated as Stiles and I's, calling Theo as I went. "Hey." I mumbled, laying back on the bed, "hi, baby girl." He responded, despite my protests on him using that pet name, it's grown on me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, pulling on a loose thread that was hanging off the end of my shirt. "Wishing I knew what the hell was going on." He replied, sighing at the end. I kept myself from audibly groaning, "yeah me too." I mumbled in response. "I wanna go home." I whispered, "I at least want my dad to be here." I added, having a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about him being out during all of this.

"Ava?" I heard faintly, I snapped out of my thoughts, "you okay?" Theo asked, I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "Yeah." I breathed out, there's so much running through my head that I can't even hold a conversation. I heard some background noise through the phone followed by Theo sighing. "I've got to go, bye." He mumbled, waiting for me to respond. "Bye." I mumbled, not wanting to think of why he hung up so fast, although part of my mind lingered on the subject, while the rest seemed to drift off into anything and everything possible. 

"Ava." Stiles said coming into the room, I jumped making me drop my phone on my face as I scrolled through it, "god, Stiles." I breathed sitting up, giving him my full attention. "Dad called," he paused, "we need to go to the house. Now." He demanded, making me rush to my feet. "What is it?" I asked as he practically dragged me down the stairs, Scott followed behind us towards the jeep. "It's because of you and Theo." Scott said as I climbed in the backseat, "what do you mean?!" I asked getting frustrated. 

***

I scowled at the guys as I got out of the jeep, they wouldn't tell me anything the whole ride here and it was driving me absolutely crazy. "Ava!" My dad called from a short distance, his voice slightly hushed, I ran over to him, panicking about what's going on. "Honey, I need you to listen to me alright." He demanded, still speaking gently. I nodded, breathing heavily through my nose, "you're gonna go in there, I'll be right on the other side of the wall, but you need to stay calm." He paused to breathe, "you need to talk him into putting the gun down." I furrowed my eyebrows when he stopped talking. "Who?" I asked urgently as Parrish came out of the house, "Matt." Stiles mumbled from behind me. 

"That guy who's obsessed with cameras?" I asked, confused as I started getting ushered towards the house, it didn't feel like home, it felt like a suicide mission. I felt Stiles turn me around before he hugged me tightly, I did the same to him, feeling scared for what could happen, I don't know why they need me to do it, this is their job.

***

"I swear to god I'll shoot!" Matt shouted with his eyes shut, his hand shaking as he held the gun out, directly towards me as I stood in the doorway  of my bedroom, the pictures still being plastered everywhere. "Matt." My voice came out as a whimper, his eyes snapped open, revealing an emotion I couldn't quite decipher, he looked distraught and upset, but at the same time devious and angry. "Ava Stilinski." He mumbled, looking me over as if I was some piece of art, I tensed as he stepped closer to me, "why do you have the gun?" I asked, trying not to sound abrupt. I glanced at the barrel of the gun as he lowered it and started speaking. 

"Oh, this old thing." He snickered, playing with it in his hands, it was like a flip of a switch, he no longer looked upset, just vengeful. I wanted so badly to move back, but I knew that would result in the gun going off. "You're not going to hurt me, are you?" I asked, figuring that playing damsel in distress would get him to feel something for me, clearly he has some kind of obsession with me. "Why would I care about you after what you did to me?" He snapped, suddenly having the gun pointed at me again.

I didn't know if I should ask him what I did, but he seemed to notice that I didn't know. "Look around your room, it's covered in reasons why I don't care anymore." He became emotional again as he waved the gun around, this time aiming it towards himself.  His eyes filled with tears, making me panic, more so than I already was. "Matt." I said cautiously, forcing myself to take a single step forward. "You chose him!" He shouted, my eyes widened and before I even had a chance to react, there was a bang followed by me falling back into the hallway in shock. 

My dad and Parrish rushed into the room as I stared, not paying attention to the footsteps running towards me. I came to when I felt the splattered blood on my face being smeared off, "you're okay." Stiles said, sounding like he was a mile away, but in reality he was right next to me, having Scott help him move me away from the scene in front of me. 

Matt laid lifeless by the foot of my bed, blood surely being splattered across my room. My stomach dropped as I finally felt myself starting to come to my senses fully. Stiles no longer seemed far away. My breathing heavy instead of shallow. Eyes burning with tears before I felt the sudden urge to throw up, which I did, into the closest thing to me. I felt my self starting to shake as my bottom lip trembled, I so desperately wanted not to cry, but I couldn't stop myself once a single tear managed to escape, the rest followed.