t e n

Ava's P.O.V

I hopped out of Theo's truck before he even turned it off, running towards the lake water that was slightly choppy, but it was fine. I stopped to take my clothes off, revealing my bathing suit, I glanced back and saw Theo smirking at me, I rolled my eyes. "I'm not waiting for you!" I shouted, walking into the water, feeling relaxed as I let myself enjoy the feeling of the water around me. I froze for a second, thinking I heard something in the woods, I looked around. My eyes squinting as I tried to focus on something in the woods, "babe." Theo said catching my attention, I turned to face him as he walked into thee water.

"What were you looking at?" He asked as I slicked my hair back, I ignored him for a minute, thinking I saw someone standing in the woods. "Do you see that?" I asked, not tearing my gaze off the trees. "There's nothing but trees there." He assured me, gently turning my head to face him. "Uh- okay, there's no one there." I hesitantly agreed. He smiled, grabbing my waist under the water, pulling me closer to him. "Why did you want to come here?" He asked, laughing as I started backing away from him, playfully smiling at him.

"It makes me feel free." I answered simply, going under the water, popping back up a few seconds later, this time even farther away from him, my feet barely being able to touch the sandy surface. Theo was still standing where the water didn't even cover his whole chest. He didn't say anything, just watched me, looking mesmerized. I swam over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck,  pushing my self up a little higher than him. His arms wrapped around my waist, keeping me from sliding down, "what are you doing?" He asked, laughing under his breath.

I didn't answer as I captured his lips with mine, I heard him take a deep breath through his nose. I let my mind wander as we stood in the water, occasionally pulling away from each other to breathe. I instantly moved away as I heard branches snapping in the woods, this time I'm positive that I saw someone running off. I looked up to the beach and didn't see my clothes sitting there, "my stuffs gone." I told Theo, feeling genuinely nervous. He turned around and saw that my stuff was actually gone. "Can we leave?" I asked, feeling uneasy, especially since it's just us two out here.

"Yeah, let's go." He mumbled, pulling me behind him by my hand. "Here." He said, handing me his towel, "what about you?" I asked, drying myself off quickly. "I've got another one in my truck. I'll be right back." He responded, trudging up to his truck, which was in eye sight. I scanned the woods around us, freezing when I saw a camera lens peeking out between the trees. Who ever it was, must have seen me because the camera disappeared behind a tree. Before I could understand what I was doing, I was rushing towards Theo's truck.

"Ava?" Theo asked as I came up right next to him, "I want to leave right now." I demanded, graciously taking the shirt he was holding out for me. I unwrapped myself from the towel, tugging the-way-too-big-for-me shirt on over my bathing suit. "What's wrong?" He asked, in response to me wanting to leave so quickly. "Please." I begged, just wanting to leave. He unlocked the truck and I ran over to the passenger side, instantly climbing in. Feeling relieved as Theo got in too, the doors locking automatically once he started the truck.

"What the hell is going on Ava?" He asked, pulling away from the lake, getting ready to turn onto the main road. "There was a guy taking pictures of me from the woods." I said making him slam his foot on the breaks, thankfully we were still on the dirt path so there was no other cars. "What?!" He snapped, his eyes wide, I flinched at the tone of his voice. He was about to open his door, but I grabbed his arm. "Theo, please. I just want to leave." I begged feeling my eyes burn with tears, the anxiousness and fear becoming overwhelming. He sighed and gave in, "fine." He mumbled, not angry at me, but at whoever was taking pictures of me.

***

"Ava!" Stiles shouted walking into the house, not seeing me and Theo on the couch. "Yeah." I responded, his head snapped in our direction, my voice kind of shaky. You can't blame me for being shaken up, I know what I saw. "What happened?" Stiles asked, coming over towards us. I stayed silent, forcing Theo to answer. "There was a guy in the woods by the lake taking pictures of Ava." He explained, making my brothers eyes widen. "What?" Stiles asked, shocked, I nodded. "That's what he said." I mumbled, forcing myself to sit up properly. Wiping at my lightly damp eyes.

"Are you gonna tell dad?" Stiles asked, I shook my head. "It was probably nothing." I sighed, trying to assure the both of them that it wasn't a big deal to me, and that it shouldn't be a big deal to them. I could tell Theo was biting the inside of his cheek to keep him from saying anything, Stiles on the other hand was a loose canon, saying anything that came to mind. "Drop it please, Stiles."  I told him, a sharp edge to my voice. He over exaggeratedly threw his hands around, "this is what I get for trying to help." He grumbled, walking to his room.

"You should probably get going." I told Theo, returning to my normal level headed self. He nodded, "yeah." He sighed. "Are you gonna be okay?" He asked, I gave him a small smile, kissing his cheek quickly. "I'll be fine." I assured him, following him to the door. "Bye, Ava." He said, trudging down the steps attached to the front porch. "Bye, Theo." I responded.