t w e n t y f i v e

Ava's P.O.V

I winced when I felt a pain go through my lower back, "oh." I mumbled leaning forward against the counter waiting for it to pass. That was weird, I thought as I stood up straight feeling a little off but nothing out of the normal, I feel weird everyday, this pregnancy is coming to an end and it's just gotten significantly more painful in the last couple of days. I glanced at the clock and sighed thankfully, Theo will be home in less than an hour which eased my mind a little bit.

I grabbed my laptop as I made my way over to the couch, slowly lowering myself down onto it, and yes, we finally got a couch so the living room is usable now. "Pain in lower back when pregnant" I typed in the search bar, impatiently waiting for results to pop up, I widened my eyes when a bunch of different reasons popped up but the one that caught my attention was about signs of labor, I bit my lip, knowing that's what it was, don't ask me how I knew but I just did. "Hang in there bud, wait for your daddy." I laughed as I talked to my stomach, sounding like one of those crazy pregnant women, but I couldn't help it, there was something comforting about it.

"Theo!" I groaned in pain as he ran around the apartment trying to find the bag that I had pre-packed, "I'm coming!" He called out, this time with the bag in hand, the pain in my stomach now passing, I stood up reaching for Theo's grip. "Hospital." I nodded before he could even ask, he helped me get out to his truck, only having to stop once when I had another contraction, huh, sounds weird to realize I was already to this point.

"You did this to me." I reminded Theo as he sat next to the bed, forcing myself to not scream during this contraction. My brother and dad were in here, sitting on the sidelines unless I asked for one of them, which occasionally I did, getting moody and angry at Theo for no real reason. "Alright let's check you out again." The Doctor said coming into the room, looking over the paper that had mine and the baby's heart rates on it. I leaned my head back in exhaustion as the doctor was checking to see if I was ready to push. "It's time to have a baby." She grinned looking up at me, I let out a breath, thank god. Stiles took it as his cue to leave, but I did ask my dad to stay, he came and stood next to my head just like Theo was.

***

"Why isn't he crying?!" I panicked as they whisked Chase away from us, we all watched as they started doing things, that I wasn't able to decipher since they were moving so fast. "Oh thank you." I practically cried into my hands when he started wailing, Theo kissed my very sweaty forehead, not even giving it a second glance. "You did good." He told me, squeezing my hand as my dad squeezed over to where they put the baby and took some pictures. We had to wait a few minutes before they brought him back over to us.

I looked at Theo, silently asking if I could hold him first, he nodded. I graciously took my baby from the nurse, resting him on my chest as he was still crying, just not as loudly as before. "Hi, oh my gosh." I talked to him, in shock that he was actually here. Theo's hand tugged the small cap up on Chase's head, revealing a decent amount of hair. "My boy." I lifted my gaze to Theo who was staring at the baby in my arms, finding it hard to grasp that after all these months of stress and planning, along with one very confusing crib building process, we know have the one thing that was worth it all. "Did you want to hold him?" I asked, snapping him out of his daze, gently taking Chase from me as the door opened.

Stiles entered along with our dad who went out there to get him, "my baby sister has a baby." He laughed into my ear as he hugged me, I smiled as he moved back but not without planting an obnoxiously loud kiss on my cheek, I didn't have enough energy to care as I watched Chase get passed around, my eyes trying to stay open but finally I gave in and let them shut.

***

I sat in the front of the truck next to Theo as he drove slightly different with Chase in the car for the first time, "so, are you ready for the long nights where he won't sleep at all and won't stop crying?" I asked sarcastically, glancing back at the sleeping baby. "Oh, so ready." Theo answered as the apartment complex came into sight, I sighed realizing we have to lug the car seat into the elevator along with any other things that we have shoved in here for him. Theo came around to the passenger side of the truck and helped me get out, considering I was still pretty sore and tired. I watched as he managed to get the car seat out without waking Chase.

Part of me feels bad that Theo's family isn't really involved, but he insists on keeping it that way until his mom comes to terms and apologizes for her behavior. Which I haven't tried to argue, because she really should, but you feel different when you're put into this situation, suddenly understanding some of her behavior, in the sense that it's her baby boy and she wants to protect him. The elevator ride felt like some of the longest minutes of my life, afraid that Chase will wake up and start crying.

I stuck my key in the door and turned it swinging the door open with a sigh, finally, familiar territory without some nurse looking over your shoulders at all times. "And it begins." I sighed as the wailing started all over again. "Hi babes, what's the matter?" I cooed to Chase as I unbuckled him, at least I could bend over some more now that my stomach wasn't as big, but still only slightly smaller. I acted as if I didn't see Theo staring at me from the side, "I still think you're talking to me when you say that." Theo said coming up to us, kissing my temple. I rolled my eyes, "well get used to it, because I like using that nickname with him." I teased, rubbing my thumb across the baby's cheek.

"Okay, babes." He joked in response, "don't test me, Raeken." I responded, walking over to the kitchen, trying to figure out this whole bottle making thing, don't get me wrong, I know how to do it, but it's different when you actually have the kid with you and you're too afraid that you're gonna mess up. I sighed as the seconds left on the microwave seemed like hours, "do you want me to take him?" Theo asked, but I shook my head. "Just let me try and do this myself, I'm gonna be doing it in two weeks when you go back to work anyways." I explained, rocking Chase in hopes of calming him down well his bottle finished.

I squirted some on the back of my wrist and smiled to myself when it wasn't to warm. "Here." I murmured, placing the bottle to his lips and he gratefully started sucking on it. I let out a breath of relief, slowly sitting down and making sure I kept Chase from laying to far back. Theo and I just sat there, watching him eat, not knowing what to do when he finished except hope that he went back to sleep after I burped him.