n i n e

Ava's P.O.V

"What's wrong?" I asked, staring at my boyfriend, his face like stone. "Nothing." He grumbled, I rolled my eyes as he pushed himself off the edge of the rock, landing on the ground a foot below. "Theo." I mumbled making him sigh and look at me. "What Ava?" He snapped, his tone sharp, I physically flinched. "What's gotten into you? You're never like this." I responded, keeping my cool, landing on the ground like he just had. "I already told you, noth-" "you're jealous, aren't you?" I cut him off, my question causing silence to fall around us, the only noise being our breathing.

"Do you blame me?" He groaned, kicking at the leaves underneath him, I frowned at his response. "You would be if I posted pictures hanging out with some girl you've never heard of." He added, I raised my eyebrows in slight shock, before lowering them as I realized he was right. "We've been dating for less than a week and you're already acting like this, may I remind you that the last relationship like this I had was abusive!" I snapped at him, my emotions bubbling over. I didn't wait for his response before grabbing my stuff and running off, back tracking our normal way through the woods. 

***

I inwardly sighed as I sat quietly chewing on my food, my dad and brother doing the same, if this is what family dinners are like, I don't get why people rave about them so much. "Ava." Dad said catching my attention, I smiled up at him, "how's, Theo?" He asked trying to make conversation, just as I almost started chocking on my food the door bell rang. Stiles and I watched as our dad went over to the door, opening it. "Hello, sir. It's nice to meet you." My eyes widened as the familiar voice rang through my ears, I slid my chair back quickly as I prepared to go over there.

Stiles stood up before me, motioning for me to sit down, not knowing what happened between us early which was the only reason that I let him go. "Hey, dad. Do you mind if I talk to him for a second?" Stiles asked before going out front with Theo, shutting the door behind him. "What's that all about?" Dad asked me, sitting back down at the table, I shrugged, slowly going over there, making sure I didn't get caught by them. 

I sat on the floor by a window, slowly opening it just enough to hear outside. "I swear, I didn't mean to come off that way." Theo mumbled, sitting hunched over on the front porch steps with Stiles, "I believe you." I heard my brother sigh, making my mouth drop in shock, for the longest time he hasn't liked Theo. "She's not just going to go crawling back to you though, she always stands her ground." Stiles added, I suddenly felt guilty, knowing that I do want to go crawling right back to him. 

Minutes went by and I didn't listen to anything they said, being too focused on what I should do. "Ava?" Stiles asked, looking down at me, my head snapped up in his direction. "Hey." I sheepishly said, pushing myself up off the ground, instantly going back to the table before he could ask me any questions. 

***

1 Day Later

"Hannah." I sighed as she ignored everything I just said, she's too busy texting her boyfriend. "Hannah!" I said again, this time she looked up, "what?" She asked rolling her eyes,  I mentally face palmed. "What should I do?" I asked her, patiently waiting for her to answer. "About what?" She asked, finally locking her phone. Before I could even answer, her phone dinged and she was right back to being on it. "What's the problem? Does he not think your pretty?" She mumbled, not even looking at me. "I mean you have gained some weight over the past month." She added on, poking my stomach, glancing at me for a second and not even realizing how rude everything she just said was. 

"You should go." I told her, standing up and waiting for her to go. "What? Why?" She whined, sitting up. "Leave Hannah." I demanded, swinging my bedroom door open for her. "Whatever, I never should've helped you get with Theo. He changed you!" She snapped before leaving my room. My jaw dropped in shock, he hasn't changed me, if anything he's brought the old me back, the one who actually wants to go out and do things. 

"Selfish b-" "Bad time?" A voice cut me off from the doorway. "I could come back another time." He added on, I smiled to myself as I turned around and saw Theo standing there. "No, it's fine." I sighed, motioning for him to come in. I started shutting the door, "door stays open!" Stiles shouted from his room, I rolled my eyes but left the door alone. 

"Wasn't that Hannah that just ran out of your house?" Theo asked, trying to make conversation. "You can sit down, and yeah it was." I answered, he sat down on the edge of my bed, nodding in response to my answer. "I came to say I'm sorry, about how I acted in the woods the other day." He explained, I noticed he was bouncing his foot, an obvious sign of him being nervous. "You wanna go do something?" I asked, my smile growing, he let out a breath of relief, knowing I forgave him. "Sure." He finally answered