Chapter 03

The fact that someone had raided my stuff kept running through my mind as I walked to work.  I kept thinking about what else he had learned.  I ran into Henry as I walked into the back of the restaurant. 

“Hey, what happened last night?”  He asked as he turned around and crushed me with a hug. 

I had never talked to him, not even into his head.  Escaping his hold, I retreated into the women’s changing room.  As I was changing into my work uniform, the thought of Itachi knowing me that well made my stomach feel uneasy. 

“Table twelve, Svel.”  The manager yelled into the changing room.  I finished changing quickly and ran to the table slowly.  A white haired man with a headband was sitting at the table with two other people.  I followed the usual routine, but the white haired man kept staring at me, making me uncomfortable. 

“Excuse me, but aren’t you a little young to be working at a place like this?”  He asked as he grabbed onto my elbow.  Zeon moved on my arm still as a tattoo.  I slapped my arm where she was moving, but he had seen it. 

No, not at all.’  I sent to him alone. 

I looked into his eye desperately, but only one of his eyes showed.  His headband made it impossible for me to go into his mind and make him believe that I was not in fact that young.  Zara began to move on my arm, inching closer to him, almost in striking range. 

When I pulled away from him easily, his eye grew wide in surprise, as if he had really been trying to keep a hold on me.  I took an early break and escaped into the back of the kitchen, trying to calm Zeon and Zara down.  After asking one of the other waitresses to take care of table twelve, work went by smoothly. 

 On my way back home, I couldn’t help but notice that all of the lights were off in my house.  I walked passed my room but silently backtracked when I noticed Kisame walking towards my dresser slowly.  He reached for the handle while shooting nervous glances at the bed.  When his hand touched the handle, he flew towards the door.  A pair of glowing red eyes opened from the bed and glared at Kisame. 

“What was that for?”  Kisame complained as he sat up and rubbed his cheek were Itachi had kicked him. 

Itachi didn’t respond. 

Kisame ran out of the room, almost running into me.  Itachi walked over to the door and slammed it shut on me.  I sighed and walked to my new room.  Pajamas were on the bed, not where I had left them.  The pajamas had been in the bathroom the last time I remembered.  I changed quickly and shrunk into the bed. 

***

The only time that I would have wanted to work extra, my manager forced me not to, saying I would strain myself.  Kisame had a huge bruise on the side of his face.  When I asked him where it was from, he would look up at Itachi with a scared look and then back down at his feet.  Itachi seemed to be as cold as ever, barely even looking at me all morning.

I can’t take this!’  I sent to both of them as I stood up. 

Kisame looked up at me and then back down at his feet.  Itachi didn’t even both to look at me.  I stormed out of my own house and to the training grounds that I had gone to with Sasuke when he was little.  This part of the village seemed brighter, more cheerful.  The trees were thick, the ground damp, and the sun bright.  I walked into the middle of a clearing and looked around.  Everything seemed quiet, not many birds sung. 

The breeze blew my dress lightly.  Leaves began to fall from trees.  Shadows began to wrap around my hands.  When I looked at my hands, they were covered in shadows.  Zeon and Zara responded to the shadows by transforming back to snake form.