Chapter 09

The night I went to work.  Henry wasn’t at work, which was weird.  The manager didn’t yell at me some random number either.  I walked over to the manager, Bob.

“Something wrong?”  I asked him.  The place was only half full, very rare.  People were always waiting for tables. 

“Yeah, this place isn't full.”  He said as the men that were there kept talking.

“I can tell, but why isn't it?”  I asked. 

“I don’t know, maybe we don’t have skimpy enough outfits.”  He was being serious.  I looked at the other waitresses.  The outfit consisted of a skimpy blue tube top and shiny gold super short shorts.

“If you slim it down even more, I'm leaving.”  I stated, making him look at me. 

“Fine, but what could it be?”  He said as he looked over his clipboard. 

I went on to work.  Most of the waitresses were in the back playing poker.  Only two of the waitresses were working the tables.  I took half of the tables, and one of the waitresses went to the back, probably to play poker. 

When I was walking home nothing was new. 

Still the same trees.  The door was open though.  I wasn’t consumed by a hug like usual.  In fact, I couldn’t sense Kisame or Itachi in the building at all.  I plopped down on the couch and looked around.  Everything was quiet.  Suddenly, someone could be heard walking down the hall.  I crouched behind the couch and peered over.  The person was short, not Kisame or Itachi. 

“Oh, there you are.”  Sasuke said as he looked over at me.  “Took me forever to find you.”  He kept talking.  He sat on the couch next to me. 

What are you doing here?”  I sent as I scooted away from him. 

“Bored.”  He said as he scooted over to me.  I was up against the arm of the couch now.  “Mind if I stay here?”  He was now right next to me.  His breath felt weird on my neck.  

Yes, I do.”  I stood up, making him fall against the arm of the couch.  I picked him up easily and carried him to the door.  “Talk to you later.”  I placed him down at the door and closed the door. 

I could sense him outside of the door still.  I looked through the eyehole and went into his head for a split second, making him go back to his house and go to sleep, forgetting where I lived.  Once he was out of the neighborhood, I could sense Kisame right behind me.  He crushed I in a hug. 

“Yay, he’s gone now!”  He said as he swung me around.  “Now, let’s do your nails!”  He placed me on the couch. 

Wait, what?”  His hand disappeared into his robe.  He pulled out a dark purple container of nail polish. 

“Right hand.”  He ordered.  I did as I was told and he began to put the nail polish on my fingers.  Itachi walked through the main door slowly.

“What are you two doing?”  He asked as Kisame took my other hand. 

“Nails, want me to do yours?”  Kisame asked.

“Whatever.”  Itachi said as he sat on the other couch.  Kisame finished my nails quickly and then went and did Itachi’s nails. 

“There, all done!”  He said in a cheery voice. 

You’re good!”  I admired my nails.  They were dried already. 

“Years of practice.”  Kisame smiled, creeping me out. 

“Yeah, thanks.”  Itachi said as he leaned his head back and tried to ignore Kisame.