Chapter 5; extra work & gala

Chapter 5

My eyes were trained on him as he talked to the woman who smiled brightly at him. I glared at them whilst I pressed the fork into the chicken alfredo, I had ordered.

It seemed like Harry sensed that someone was watching him and soon his eyes connected with mine. He send me a wink and looked away not even a second later. I was furious.

I didn't even finished my food as I stood up and told Mr. West that I had to go. We talked about the important things so I didn't saw a reason for me to stay. I placed a fifty dollar bill on the table and quickly got to my car.

"Take me home."

I grinned evilly as a plan formed in my head. I dialed Harry's number and waited impatient for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

"I want you to overwork the contract I'll send you. I also want it tomorrow morning on my desk so you better get to work," I said before I hang up. I send him the link per email and leaned back in my seat, satisfied.

-

The next morning I quickly jumped into the shower and washed my body before I dressed myself into a bright red jumpsuit. I blow dried my blonde hair which was a bit longer then to my shoulders and put on some jewelry.

After that I applied a bit mascara and also some nude colored lip stick. I slipped my black high heels on which hold onto my ankle with a little strap and collected my documents.

I walked downstairs and already smelled the pancakes, Teresa had made for breakfast. "Beautiful outfit," Teresa complimented as she saw me sitting down on a bar stool at the kitchen counter.

"Thanks," I mumbled and too a sip from my orange juice. If you haven't noticed yet, I don't drink coffee nor do I drink a lot of alcohol only at evens. I prefer water and orange juice.

After I had ate I waved good bye to Teresa and left the building to get to work.

When I arrived at my office I saw the contract on my table with a yellow note again.

Found a liking in me? :)

I scoffed, crumbled the paper and throw it in the trash. I won't respond to any more childish behavior but if it will affect his work then I'll have to fire him.

Soon I heard a knock at the door and as always I told the person to 'come in'.

"I received an email for the gala which you will attend this Saturday," Sara said as she handed me a paper where the email was printed on. Shit the gala was this weekend?

I nodded my head and waved her off so she could leave.

I buried my head in my hands as I cursed loudly so whoever was close to my office would've heard. I took the paper where the time, place and dress code was on before I left my office and walked straight towards the office close to mine.

I opened the door and no one was in here so I placed the paper on his desk and walked back to my office like nothing had happened even though the whispers from my employees weren't unnoticed.

With a last glare I closed my office door and sat down on my chair. I always have formal dresses for events such as the one on Saturday so I didn't had to worry about some stupid dress.

I called Teresa to make sure she would pick one out for me which she found appropriate and let her send a picture so I could tell her if I approved.

Around 5pm I heard a knock at my door. "come in."

The door opened and in came Mr. Styles. "What is this?" he asked loudly but mostly confused. "what does it look like Harry?" I rolled my eyes and marked something unnecessary in some concept for the merger.

"Why was it on my desk then?" he snapped at me. I stood and and glared coldly at him, "don't use that tone on me!"

Silence took over the situation as he stared at the paper in his hands. "So, do I need to attend the event with you?" he asked after a while.

"Yes."

"Why me?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows. "Stop asking questions. Be ready Saturday at 5pm and now get out," I hissed annoyed by his actions and the way he spoke to me.

He left my office and I cursed under my breath as I got back to work.

-

Saturday came by much to quickly and soon I was staring at the mirror to admire my reflection.

(This is not the woman who plays Zoe Jenson! It's just her Gala dress)

"Have fun," Teresa grinned from behind me. "but not to much fun with that boy," she added with a smirk. "Stop it," I warned her and fixed my hair before I left my penthouse loft to get into the car.

"Beautiful dress, Miss Jenson," Shawn, my driver, complimented as he helped me into the car. "Thanks," I nodded at him and by the look on his face I saw that he hadn't expected me to thank him.

He nodded and got into the drivers seat before I drove off to Harry's apartment which wasn't that far away. As we arrived I told Shawn to get him since the dress was really difficult to handle.

I waited in the car until the door opened and Harry sat down in the car, dressed in a black Burberry suit and a white button down shirt with black little patterns.

He finally looked at me and cracked a smile as he examined what I was wearing. "Hello Miss Jenson," he said casually. "Hello Mr. Styles," I nodded my head at him whilst I held my phone tightly in my hands since I didn't wanted to take a clutch with me.

"are you awaiting a call?" he asked as he saw me holding onto my phone. "No, I just didn't brought a clutch," I shrugged and with glare. He hesitant before saying, "I could put it in my pocket if you want."

I contemplated whether I should give him my phone or not. I finally decided to hand it over to him before he put it into his pocket. The rest of the ride we didn't talked that much but I didn't mind because soon we arrived at the event.

"red carpet?" Harry asked suddenly. I nodded simply and the car came to a stop. Shawn opened the door and helped me out of the car. I turned back around to see Harry getting out of the car as well.

He hold out his arm for me and I hold onto him as we walked down the carpet. I faked a few smiles as the cameras flashed.

"You seem tense, loosen up a little," Harry whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "or maybe it's because of the bad company I have," I whispered back with a glare.

He rolled his eyes and looked away as he scanned the crowd. "don't roll your eyes at me, Mr. Styles," I hissed and squeezed his biceps tighter.

"oh please, call me Harry," he teased making me furious. I mentally cursed until someone asked if we wanted champagne. I took a glass and walked away from Harry as we were already inside the building.

He was by my side soon enough and we got leaded to our table where a few people already sat.

"good evening Miss Jenson. What a handsome boyfriend you have there."

__________

Vote, comment and do the little things to make me smiiiiile <3
Love you guys ❤️

I seriously have a whole lot of Chapters prewritten! Be excited peeps ;)