Chapter 36; London & old routins

Chapter 36

I just landed in London and now on my way to my new company. I wasn't happy at all to be here since Harry wasn't here and I just didn't want to.

It's been a few weeks since work started again and I was planning on opening the company a little later but my parents had called and told me that they were still disappointed in me and all.

I hated it so I decided to open the company as quick as I could. Soon I was at the building and got greeted by Zayn. "So the opening is today at around 6pm and I heard that your parents are already in London," he told me.

"They are?" I groaned and the look on his face told me that it was in fact true. "Well then, let's see how the decoration is going," I said and walked into the building and to a huge conference room where I would finally open the new company.

Pastel colored balloons where all over the room and round tables which could fit eight people on it where placed everywhere along with a little stage. On the side was a bar for the drinks and that was about it.

I talked to Zayn about his responsibilities since I would announce him officially as CEO this evening but he already knew everything and I trusted him to take his job seriously.

After all that I went to my hotel room and got ready. I texted my friends & Harry before it was time to leave again.

-

"Hello dear."

I groaned inaudibly and turned around with a fake smile to face my parents. "Mom, Dad," I nodded my head at them whilst holding onto my glass champagne. I didn't even took a sip out of it but everyone was having one so I just went with it.

"What's that ring on your finger?" my mom gasped. Ah, shit.

"Just a ring mom," I waver her off but she didn't buy it. "Are you engaged?" my father asked as his expression hardened. He definitely wasn't happy. "I- yes, I am."

Why should I lie? I mean they would've found out anyways.

"I forbid you to marry whoever the boy is! What were you thinking?! The company should be your first priority and not some poor man!" my mother raised her voice at me.

"You don't even know him mom! How could you say this?"

"You're right, we don't even know him so there's no way we'll give him our blessing!" my father agreed with my mother...of course. "He doesn't need your blessing! I'm old enough to decide what I want!"

"You're being ridiculous! You're neglecting your work and your company will suffer from it. We want you to work harder Zoe and considering that we still are in the contract of the business we can easily drop you out of it."

That was it. The moment I never wanted to encounter, at all. They wanted to drop me out of the contract. Now you would think that couldn't be possible considering that my parents don't own the company anymore but we signed a contract for when I can't work anymore or something that they could drop me out for my own good.

I never wanted to sign that contract but without it they would've never let me overtake their company so I did sign it after all. Now they could just say a few reasons for example my engagement which could lead to marriage and pregnancy and then I would be jobless and my parents would get the company back.

"Don't do this, please."

"You don't give us a reason for not doing it," my mom shrugged like she doesn't even care about me or my future. "I will work harder. I will alright? Just don't drop me out please," I begged.

"Fine, you have one last chance to prove us wrong."

And with that they were gone. I went to find Zayn since the opening was almost over and I actually was supposed to stay for a day or two more but I really couldn't. I needed to work so my parents won't take away the company from me.

"Zayn! I need to go home now but I'm sure you can do it all. I'm proud of you and just keep me updated alright?"

Zayn nodded and we hugged good bye before I got out of the building to grab my things and get home.

-

I was sitting in my home office and was doing work as suddenly someone opened the door and I turned around to face Harry.

"What are you doing here already?" he asked and he went up to me and kissed me on my lips. "I need to work," I told him and went back on doing that.

Investments. I should do some investments to make more money. I write some emails until-

"ZOE!"

"What?" I asked surprised. "Did you hear what I was saying?" he asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. "No, sorry."

"Never mind."

He left the room and I went back to work.

Since it was already early in the morning I got ready, took my things and got myself a cab to my building. I had fired Shawn already but I got him a new job since it wasn't fair to him.

I greeted a few people before getting to my office and continuing my work. I was so caught up with my work that I didn't noticed anything that happened around me but it has to be done.

I rang up Zayn, Louis & Liam to see how the companies were doing and also discussed with them how we could get more out of our concepts. Like for example we applied a few investments but we couldn't get a lot out of it on short term.

An idea popped in my head and I rang Louis again and told him to come over tomorrow. I then called Mr. West and called him in for tomorrow as well. If I wanted to make more money and have less work then I simply had to sell Jenson Enterprises & Co.

Mr. West wasn't capable of holding up his business without me and I didn't need the weight of an unstable company. It was shuffling in money but if I would just sell it I would made millions without even doing anything.

I don't think Louis would be that happy about loosing his position as CEO but he'll get a high position in my company and a raise because of the trouble I had given him.

In the afternoon I decided on leaving early since Sara and a few employees were getting on my nerves. I got home in no time and sat in my home office doing my work and preparing for the selling of Jenson Enterprises & Co.

__________

Sorry for all the boring stuff I write and also the time skips and just the crappy chapters in general but the story probably will be finished soon and I just want to wrap it up.

Today was my last day if school aaaand my last exam so I'm happy!

Love you guys ♥ this is for you as an apology ↓