Chapter 9; avoiding & 5:30

Chapter 9

"does he know that you left?" Teresa asked as she sat down in front of me to question me. "No."

"Why wouldn't you? He probably thinks that you doesn't like him and that whatever happened was a mistake for you," Teresa rambled horrified.

"First of all, I don't like him because like a said for the billionth time-"

Teresa cut me off, "-he's your employee, blah blah I got it."

I nodded my head, "and seconds of all, nothing even happened so no need to freak out about it."

"so, you won't call him?" she asked disappointed. "No, because yesterday never happened."

I got up from my seat and went into my office I had next to my bedroom. I turned my phone off and finished some work on this lovely Sunday.

-

The next day came much to quickly as I was already in the elevator to get to my office. I ignored the few text and calls from Harry since I didn't had the time to deal with this right know.

"Sara! in my office!"

She nodded her head nervously and followed me in my office. I slipped out of my coat and placed my things on my desk.

"I need to have the small private plane prepared for my flight to Toronto tomorrow at let's say 7am. Also call my driver and tell him to be here with the bigger car in three hours. Remind Mr. Horan, Mr. Styles and yourself that we'll be visiting Enterprises & Co. today."

She scribbled everything in her little book and looked up at me, "will that be all?"

"get me that drink you bought last time," I added and she nodded before I told her to leave. After three hours of intense work I took my purse and left my office to see Sara, Niall & Harry already ready to leave.

I nodded my head as a greeting and let them follow me to the elevator. I avoided eye contact and finally we were outside to get to the car. We got into the small limousine and awkward silence took over the car.

Eventually Niall & Harry would make some small talk but other then that, nothing happened at all. "What's the plan, Miss Jenson?" Niall asked after a while.

"Well, the two of you will check every floor undercover to see if the employees are as good as the ones I have. Sara will hand you the list I made along with the criteria they have to have. Sara & I will speak to Mr. West again and arrange the merger farther so we'll get it done before the opening in Toronto."

He nodded and so did Harry & Sara before we arrived at the not so huge building. Sara handed Niall & Harry the lists and they went to check everything for me. I told them not to be scared to just fire someone if they don't fit into my standards.

The building only had twelve floors so Harry & Niall wouldn't have that much work to do. Me & Sara on the other hand went to Mr. West's office and began with the rearrangements.

"So how's this working now?" Mr. West asked nervously after we already planned most of it.

"two of my best employees are firing some of yours at the exact very moment and next week I will hold interviews for new employees who can reach my standards."

I looked through my documents and saw a fucking yellow note again.

I know you had fun. Don't deny it Miss Jenson ;) Ps: You looked cute in my shirt :)

I crumbled the paper in my hands and clenched my fists tightly. The anger ran through my whole body as I probably turned red like a tomato because of me stressing so much.

"I will send someone who'll take your place for now. Have a good afternoon Mr. West," I said and made my way out of his office. I let Sara call my best employee and get him on the phone.

"Miss Jenson?"

"Hello Louis, I think it's time for a better position and a raise, don't you think?"

"What?"

"You'll be the CEO of Jenson Enterprises & Co. from now on until farther discussions will be made after the company stand on it's own feet."

"It'll be a pleasure Miss Jenson. Thank you."

"Make sure to start tomorrow and contact me if only the slightest thing is going wrong," I warned him in my most serious tone I could pull off.

"Will do, thanks again and have a nice day, Miss Jenson."

I hang up the phone and handed it back to Sara. Soon Harry & Niall were done and we reached a number of twenty-eight replacements. We passed a few crying ex-employees and got back into the car.

As we arrived back at my building everyone got back to work, immediately. It was almost time to leave when I heard a knock at the door.

I went to open the door since I wanted to leave anyways and stood in the doorway as an employee, named Kim I believe, stood in front of me.

"Good evening Miss Jenson," she greeted happily.

"what is it?"

I closed my office door as she started talking, "you see, my husband is on a business trip and on Thursday has my daughters Kindergarten closed. I was thinking if I could maybe take the day off so I can take care of my daughter since we don't have any family nearby."

I stared at her for a decent minute before I answered her, "I expect you at work."

She looked hurt and almost on the verge of crying. Before she opened her mouth again I added, "You can take your daughter with you or maybe she could keep me some company. Depends if you trust me to take care of her."

I walked past her and got to the elevator.

"Thank you, Miss Jenson."

I got into the elevator and waited till it was at the bottom so I could finally get home. I need to pack for my trip tomorrow. The flight will only be about an hour and a half, maybe less, and I would only stay for two days so I didn't had to pack so much.

Soon, I was in my penthouse all by myself. I turned the stereo system on and let some music echo through my penthouse. I went upstairs and packed a bag with clothes and toiletries before I made myself ready for bed.

I was kind of excited to finally see the new Jenson Enterprises building.

I went back downstairs and ate the prepared food which was placed in the microwave. I ate and made some phone calls before I decided that I probably should go to sleep since I'll have an early flight tomorrow.

I slipped under the covers and fell into a deep sleep.

-

"It's so early," I groaned as I got up at around 5:30am.

I did need about forty-five minutes to get ready before I walked downstairs with my bag over my shoulder. Teresa wasn't there since I didn't always need a person being here when I wake up or fall asleep.

I needed some time where I can just ran around my penthouse and do whatever I want without someone asking me questions or just annoying me in general.

I didn't had the time to make myself breakfast, though but I knew that the plane had enough food so I just left the building and got into the waiting car.

"To Harry's."

__________

Gif in honor of Louis being a CEO as well