Chapter 18; like & lips

Chapter 18

"Hey," Harry smiled as I opened the door after he had rang the bell. "Hey," I smiled as well went in for a hug. He hugged me back and I noticed him wearing black, skinny jeans along with a white button down shirt and a suit jacket thrown over.

"you look beautiful," he complimented as we pulled away. "Thank you," I blushed and turned around so he wouldn't see. I grabbed my purse and we left my penthouse before we got into his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he drove off.

"It's a surprise," he grinned and stopped at a red light before taking a right. "I don't like surprises," I groaned and looked out of the window.

"Why not?" he asked chuckling.

"I don't know, it's just that I feel bad for the person if I don't like it. Well, only if I like that person."

"You'll like it don't worry."

Less then ten minutes later we arrived at the local park and he pulled into one of the parking lots. We both got out of the car and he went to the trunk and pulled a picnic basket out along with a blanket.

"We're having a picnic?" I asked excitedly. Of course Zoe...why else would he bring a picnic basket and drives with you to the park.

He nodded grinning and I took the blanket from him before we looked for a nice spot to sit. We spread out the blanket on the lawn and sat down with the basket in front of us.

He opened it and and looked at me, "you want a sandwich?"

I nodded smiling and he handed me a turkey sandwich. "I hope it's okay that I didn't planned anything fancy," he said unsure as we started eating.

"I love it Harry," I assured him.

"Well, then I hope that you don't mind if we drink orange juice boxes instead of expensive wine?"

I laughed, "that's perfect."

He smiled and handed me one. After we ate with a little small talk in between the sun was already setting and the blue sky now turned into beautiful shades of pink and purple.

Soon we were both laying on our backs, staring at the sky.

I know you like him don't let him make all the work

I repeated Teresa's words in my head over and over again before I decided that she was right. I turned my head to look and him and saw him smiling at the sky with his arms behind his head. I quickly looked back into the sky. Why was I so nervous?

I got a little closer and rested my head on his biceps before I wrapped my right arm around his waist. He tensed but when I ran my hand up and down he relaxed and wrapped his arm around me as well.

Like always, he smelled like a fruit paradise and even though it was cold he made me feel all fuzzy and warm. His arm left my waist and I looked up at him in confusion.

He tucked on the blanket a little and wrapped the remaining material around us. I smiled and he looked down at me with a wide smile. "I really like you, Zoe."

I felt my heart basically bursting because of all the happiness and nervousness I was feeling.

"I...I like you, too."

I can't believe I said that. Did this just came out of my mouth?

He glanced at my lips and leaned a bit closer but the way we were laying was a bit unfortunate for him so I lifted my upper body and leaned down whilst he lifted his head to press his lips onto mine.

My eyes fluttered close and I enjoyed his soft and warm lips on mine. Our lips molded together as we moved them in sync. Suddenly he rolled us over so he was hovering over me. I believe, he liked to be in charge when it comes to things like that.

I tucked at his curls and ran my hands through them. You have no idea how much I love to ran my hands through other peoples hair, well...Harry's hair.

Soon he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. Our heavy breaths were the only thing I was hearing as I stared into his eyes who were so close that it hurt.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I don't know. Of course, I liked him. I liked him more then anyone else on this world but I just didn't knew if I was a person who walks around happily with her boyfriend, who is smoking hot...but that doesn't matter. I just don't want to get hurt. 

"Yes."

Wait, what? Oh c'mon I hadn't even finished thinking.

His already wide smile got impossibly wider before his lips got pressed back onto mine.

Soon we were still cuddled together, laying on the blanket and staring at the sky. I was his girlfriend now. I didn't knew if I needed to behave differently or something. I've never had a boyfriend...

"You're my first...boyfriend," I told him suddenly. He looked surprised, "really?" I nodded, "yea, I had crushes before in high school of course but I've never really had a boyfriend."

"Why not? You're everything someone could ask for."

"Well, I wasn't the skinniest back in middle and high school and even though I had friends and knew some people who could make your life a living hell in school...no one saw me as the dating type. I was always one of the guys for all the boys. When I was like fourteen, I fell for one of my friends who was a year older but even after liking him for a year maybe even a lot longer I don't really remember that well...he never really liked me like that," I took a breath before I continued.

"A lot of people knew that I liked him and told me that he would fit perfectly with me but deep down I knew that wasn't true. We would stare at each other once in a while a little to long to be 'just friends' and I would get all hopeful and stuff just to have it all crashed down again when he would do something that hurt me."

I was full on telling him about it that he probably thought I was some weird girl who was just...weird.

"He never really was one of those guys who gave you a hug or something even though we made it to that point for a while but he just kept giving me hope before he stomped on it and made it crash down. He didn't do it on purpose because he didn't know that I liked him back then but it sure did hurt my feelings. I never really liked a guy that much since then. Until you came into my office looking all confident and handsome."

I finished my rant and sighed, "I'm sorry for telling you this. It's stupid. I was a stupid teenager."

"Hey, it's okay. It wasn't stupid, at all. I have a lot of stories like that, too. It's what makes you...you. I'm glad you told me and it took me a lot to walk into your office with so much confidence after a few applicants ran out crying."

We both laughed for a while before we decided to go home.

"It was absolutely great. Thanks Harry," I smiled as he brought me home and stood in my doorway. "anything for you," he grinned cheeky and leaned closer to press a soft kiss on my lips.

I smiled at him and waved before he got into the elevator and left.

I shut the door and leaned against it with my back. I smiled like a creep and slid down the door so I sat on the ground. I got myself a boyfriend and I couldn't be more happy right now.

I was excited for work tomorrow to be honest. I got myself ready for bed and got dressed into one of Harry's shirts before I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

__________

I freaking love this song by James Arthur ♥ go check it out :)
Thanks for reading