0.2 Flashback~ 1487

Lord Elijah sat in front of the large fire, a drink of blood to his right. Every night, he would come to the library to relax.

A knock rings through the library, making Elijah look up from his book, slightly peeved at the disturbance.

"Whom is it that disturbs my peace? And state your business." Elijah calls, grabbing g his goblet and taking a sip.

"Gracie-Mae, M'lord. Lord Niklaus sent me to place new books upon the shelves." The voice that replies was soft and to Elijah, sweet as honey. He sits up straight, curiosity filling him at the new name and voice.

"Enter, please." The door opens slightly but much to his displeasure, the face of this new maid was obscured by multiple books piled in her hands.

"Thank you, M'Lord." She replies, curtsying slightly. As her knees bent, the books began to move, making the maid stumble in order to keep them in her arms. Elijah chuckles slightly, an amused smile on his face. The girl, obviously embarrassed by the stumble, quickly makes her way to a table, placing the books down, her back to Elijah. From behind Elijah could make out a slim body through the green fabric, not as curvy as he has seen with other women, but was still a nice figure. Brown waves tumbled down her back and he saw a few flowers intertwined in a few braids. Every time she moved her hair swayed and the fabric of her dress seemed to mould along with her.

As if feeling his gaze, Gracie-Mae stopped sorting out the books and looks over to him.

"M'lord, if I may ask, Is there something wrong?" She asks, but upon seeing Elijah's blank face she quickly turns around. "I'm sorry, it was wrong for me to speak out." She quickly says, and she grabs a pile of books before speed walking over to the correct section. Elijah's eyes follow her, a small smile forming on his lips as he pictures her face. The soft grey eyes, high cheek bones with rosy cheeks, sharp small nose and flawless skin, which was framed perfectly by her long brown locks.

"No, it is fine. I was just lost in thought." He replies, sending her a smile, as she glances at him, placing the last book in the pile on the shelf.

"May I ask what you were thinking about?" Gracie-Mae asks, before realising her mistake. "Sorry, it was wrong of me to ask that." Elijah chuckles, making her heart flutter. She had to admit, The Lord Elijah was a Handsome as she had heard. His body was toned and muscular, and his hair and eyes where a beautiful brown, while his face held dark stubble and his features were heavenly.

"No, that's Quite fine, but I've never met a curious maid before." Elijah states, turning in his seat so his full attention is on the girl.

"My mother always said that I had a talent in finding things out, even if they should not be found out. She also said I was too curious for my own good and could not keep quiet." Gracie-Mae explains, a small smile on her face as she picked up another set of books. This made Elijah laugh.

"I see she is right." He watched as a blush formed on the Maid's cheeks, making his smile grow. "And an answer to your early question, I was lost in thought about you." The girl seemed to freeze for a second before starting to put the books on the right shelf.

"Oh? And how have I possibly caught your attention, if I may ask, M'lord?" Gracie-Mae asks. And if she had a true heart beat, she was sure it would have been beating too quickly.

"I have never seen your face, before." Elijah states, sipping at his goblet again. Her smile fades slightly as she starts to place the books more slowly, wanting to be able to talk to The Lord for a longer period of time.

"Well, I doubt you'd remember my face, I am only but a maid." She states and she turns, walking back to the table to unfortunately pick up the last pile of books.

"But I have never seen such a beautiful creature, of course I would remember your face, Gracie-Mae." The pair liked the way he said the name, as if he had said it for years. But Gracie-Mae sighs as she begins to put the books away.

"My Lord, that in improper of you to say. I am only a maid." Gracie-Mae states, all joy gone from her voice. Realising his mistake, Elijah quickly stands before finding himself behind her. As she turns, she doesn't flinch to find him there, but does flinch when he takes her hand.

"I am sorry, that was improper of me. But I was only stating the truth. I am sorry if I have offended you in any way." Elijah places a kiss upon her knuckles, making her breath get caught in her throat.

"It is fine, M'Lord. No need to apologise. I have finished up now. I'll be carrying on with my work." She quickly slips away, her hand falling from his, but he quickly grasps her wrist, making her gasp and turn.

"Please, will I see you again? I'm afraid the only person I can truly talk to is my Brother, others have a grown a fear of me." She could hear the pleas in his voice and she smiles.

"I promise, M'Lord, you will see me again." Gracie-Mae says, and Elijah smiles.

"Please, Call me Elijah." She nods before slowly walking away, but this time, he allows her.

"Well, I'll Bid you a Good Night Elijah." She says before slipping out the room. A warm feeling built within her and she giggles as she glances back to the library door before blurring away. Elijah, hearing the giggle, chuckles to himself before siting back down. He too, felt a warm feeling with him. Something he hasn't felt in a long time.

"Gracie-Mae." He whispers, making her name stay within his memory. But also testing it out once again on his tongue.

"Gracie-Mae."