1.5 Flashback ~ 15th Century

1400's ~

Gracie-Mae smiles as she looks down at the bundle in her arms, a warmth spreading through her. Never would she have thought that she would be able to have a child, to have a family. Especially with the man she loved. Just the thought of him made her smile brighter as she continues to hum the same time her mother use to.

"Beautiful." A voice calls and Grace turns around to see the light haired man who stole her heart smiling at her. His clothes and hands were still dirty from working in the stables, and his forehead was glistening with sweat from the sun.

Slowly, Daniel walked closer to his wife and child, his smile mirroring Grace's.

"Hello." Daniel whispers softly as he leans his chin on Grace's shoulder. Neither cared that he was dirty, they were just happy.

"Hello." Grace replies, pecking him on the lips. She was content with life, with the life God had given her. Slowly, baby Alexander begins to stir, whimpering softly as his eyes open to show exact copies of Grace's.

"Hello little Fighter." Daniel coos as he reaches around his wife and takes Alexander's tiny hand in his own. The baby gurgles as it grips one of Daniel's fingers tightly, causing the husband and wife to chuckle.

"Rabbit for tea?" Grace suggests and Daniel nods before stepping away from the pair and heading towards the pale of water to clean.

"That would be perfect, my love." Daniel states as he removes his dirtied jacket. Grace smiles at him, carefully making her way to the small cot, made for Alexander. She slowly places him down, her eyes full Of love and joy as the baby smiles back up at him. Grace then makes her way to the cooking pot, grabbing the already skinned rabbit.

It was peaceful, it was calm, it was joyful. All the things anyone wanted in life... But of course, nothing stayed that way for long.

Suddenly, the door burst open and multiple people barged in, their faces demonic, causing Grace to scream. Daniel quickly runs to his wife's side, grabbing an iron poker and holding it out in front of them.

"Stay back!" He screams as the demons hiss at them. A cry rings through the small home and Grace's eyes widen.

"ALEXANDER!" She screams before she runs to her baby. But something blocks her way. One of the demons blur in front of her and pushes her away, causing her to slam into the wall opposite.

"GRACE!" Daniel shouts as he tries to run to her. She groans in pain, her head dripping blood. Her vision turns blurry, but she could still hear the screams and shouts of her husband and her baby.

"Daniel..." She whispers before black takes over.

****

Slowly, Grace stirs from the ground, holding her head as she slowly pushes herself up. The pain spread through the rest of her body, causing her to whimper out. Soon, her eyes land on the blood splatter across the room, tears welling in them before they land on Daniel. His body spread on the floor, blood and bites covering him as his head looks up, eyes blank.

"DANIEL!" Grace scrambles across the room towards her husband, pulling his head on to her lap. Sobs shake her body as she tries to wake him but it's not use. Suddenly, realisation hits her and she carefully removes Daniel before making her way to the cot. A scream erupts from her as she sees it covered in blood, her hands covering her mouth.

Suddenly, a hunger bubbles within her and her gums begin to hurt. The smell of the room overwhelms her and her eyes dart to the broken mirror. And what looked back was one of the demons. Another scream is let loose and more tears slip down her face, mixing with the blood.