0.7 The Decent

Grace sits at the doorstep, arms wrapped around her knees as she rests her chin upon them.The shadow of the door way covered her as she watched the day. It reminded her of Slater. How he would allow her to come over to his apartment and watch out of the windows. She remembers how he would tease her and they would joke around, even sharing a kiss or two to pass the time. But life was honestly to long, especially when you are running. It was constant and boring, repeating itself like ground hog day. But one memory stood out. The day that Slater found out it was her birthday.

May 14, 1463.

He had forced her to celebrate with cake and a small party, including Rose, Trevor and a few friends from Louisiana. It was one of the happiest moments of her life on the run. It was also the day Trevor had given her a small, gold butterfly necklace.

Trevor.

Grace had lost so many people, from death or loss in contact. So many she had cared for. And now, there was a chance she could loose her sister.

Damon walks into the library of the Salvatore Boarding House, a frown falling upon his face as he sees the two vampires occupying it.

"You just can't stay away, can you?" He asks, looking to Rose and Grace.

"You don't answer your phone." Rose attempts to joke but it doesn't work.

"What do you want?" Damon asks.

"To apologise." Grace states, looking down to her shoes.

"Just admit it, you don't have anywhere else to go." Damon snaps. He was still angry at the pair for allowing elena to give her self up.

"We are sorry about Elena. We weren't wasn't thinking straight. We didn't know that she had a death wish but I called you, I tried to make it right, okay? I'm sorry, Damon. And We have nowhere else to go." Rose explains.

"There's nothing here for you, Rose, Grace." Damon states and the sisters look at each other before back to him, guilt and sadness upon their features.

"Well, then..." Rose says before they hear something like breaking glass from another part of the house. The three look at each other before going to the living room to investigate. The window shatters as a wolf lunges into the living room. Damon grabs a sword hanging on the wall and swings it out. Rose pushes Damon out of the way; the wolf jumps on her, pushing her on her back on the floor, and chomps on her shoulder. Damon stabs the wolf with the sword, and the wolf flees the way it came. Grace quickly runs over to her sister, tears in her eyes.

"How bad is it?" Damon asks as he goes over to the sisters.

"It hurts." Rose states as she moves her top so the pair can see it. But to Their amazement, the wound starts to heal.

"It's healing." Damon states.

"Oh my God, I thought a werewolf bite was fatal! I thought..." Rose says before she bursts out into tears. Her sister does the same as the girls embrace, Damon joining in.

"You're gonna be okay." Damon states, holding the girls close.

The trio thought that Rose would be okay, god were they wrong. It was like a delayed reaction. The bite had come back, and was worse.

Grace felt a few tears roll down her cheek as she remembered what the bite upon her sister looked like. Deep, black veins and diseased.

"I was starting to wonder where you had gone." The girl looks up to find Damon stood in front of her, a somber look on his face. He was standing in the sun, letting the warmth of it to shine down upon him. Grace turns away, unable to look at him as more tears fall down her cheeks.