1.4 the house guest/know thy enemy

Grace watches from her position on Stefan's desk chair. Ever since Elijah had been daggered, damon hasn't let her out of his sight. And even if she did consider him a friend in some way still, as much as she tried to deny it, it was annoying her. But for some reason she couldn't turn her back on him. He had been nice to her, looked after her, been her fiend when she needed it most. And furthermore, now that Elijah was 'dead' Katherine had been freed from her compulsion.

"What is she doing here?" Elena complains, after finding Katherine posing as her.

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon explains, still sending death glares to his ex girlfriend. Of course, Grace found all this quite petty. They wouldn't have to deal with Katerina, if only they didn't put the dagger into Elijah's chest.

"How's that possible?" Stefan asks.

"He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills." Katherine explains, still smug from her acting.

"I don't want you here. Get her out of here." Elena demands, causing Katherine to roll her eyes.

"You need me, Elena. You all do." Katherine states.

"Like hell." Stefan pipes up, glaring at the older vampire.

"We all want the same thing...Klaus dead. Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off." Katherine states bluntly, causing the trio to go slightly silent as they glance at each other.

"As much as I hate to admit it, Katerina is right. Your only hope was Elijah, and now he is daggered." Grace speaks up, causing them all to look at her. Katherine looks at her smugly, slightly glad to have the oldest vampire in the room on her side, but Grace just glares at her.

"I don't need your help and I don't want it." Elena states, unsure of what to say. Katherine had practically tried to ruin her life, and all of her friend's.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you." Katherine says. "Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?" She humms.

"If you know something, say it or get out." Damon snaps.

"Fine. Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite." The female vampire teases with a smirk. And that's all Grace could take. The oldest women stands up from her seat and walks towards the door, catching everyone's attention again.

"Where are you going?" Damon asks, slight concern laced on his voice.

"Out. Alone." She snaps, not bothering to look at him as she leaves the room.

"Grace-"

"Leave her, she's hurting." Stefan interrupts his brother, earning a glare from the raven haired Salvatore.

"You know, for how old you are, you are incredibly stupid." Stefan, Damon and elena look at Katherine confused. "Other then Elijah, Grace is your best chance against Klaus."

"What do you mean?" Stefan asks cautiously. Who knew if Katherine would tell the truth?

"Well, who else was Elijah going to tell his dirty little secrets to then the women he loves? But who says she's going to help now? You did dagger her boyfriend." She explains, and realisation dawned on the siblings and doppelgänger.

Grace was a key to killing Klaus.

****

"But what if they can find the burial ground?" Luka Martin asks with a slight frown. He had come back with his father from a meeting with the 'save elena' gang. They had told him that they might have a way to kill Klaus without elijah's help. Luka was hopeful, but the same couldn't be said about his father.