1.7 Flashback ~ 1489

A/n I am so so sorry for not updating sooner, but i have struck a problem. While typing out the chapter after this one, I dropped my phone of which I update on. Now, my notes (which I use to type out my chapters) refuses to open so I have lost multiple future chapters for this story so please be patient for the up and coming chapters as I have I rewrite everything xx also, a while ago, I said that I had to do a speaking and listening thing for English (thank you too those who commented! It gave me a big confidence boost). AND i finally got my result back! I GOT A DISTINCTION! For those who don't know what that is, it's pretty much one of the highest grades u can get apart from a distinction+ x I ended up hugging my teacher I was that happy 😂 xx thank you for all ur support on everything!! xx love ya all!! Xx

- abi xx

*****
She hated it. Hated what she had become. But she had to stay that way. For them. For Rose-Marie and Trevor. They had convinced her to turn them so she wouldn't be alone. They wouldn't leave her. And she loved them for it. And now she had another reason to live. The Lord Elijah. The man who captured her heart from the beginning. The man who made her feel alive, made her want to defy everything she felt. With him, she wasn't an undead monster, she was human. She was a women with a beating heart that would only beat for him.

"You know, it would be a lot easier to take small trips to and fro then trying to carry everything at once." The voice calls from behind her and Gracie-Mae glances behind herself at the man sat in the chair, a smug smirk on his lips. It was as if something within Gracie-Mae changed as she felt something within her race and heat up.

"I like to get my work done quickly, M'Lord." Gracie-Mae replies, placing the books that were in her arms down on the table. Through out the next hour or so, the women worked in silence, taking Lord Elijah's advice on taking a small collection of books at a time, but she was very aware of his eyes following her. The Lord Elijah had watched her on many occasions, and that had lead to a conversation. She very much enjoyed the conversations she had with him, maybe a bit too much.

Once she had finished, she was glad to leave, but an arm on hers stopped her. She stopped still, and even though his hand was cold, she felt her body heat up under his grasp. Slowly, she turned around to find The Lord stood directly behind her. She almost gasped at their closeness but kept it in. His hand slowly moved up her hand, and it was like something tingled under her skin, she could feel every touch as it lingered.

Neither spoke as his hand traveled towards her face, cupping her cheek. She couldn't help but lean into his palm as her eyes closed. She could feel the tears stinging under them. The bitter sweet tears.

But the tears increased as she felt something brush against her lips. Quickly, she pulled away before he could go any further. As much as she wanted him, as much as she wanted to feel his lips upon her's, she couldn't. She couldn't possibly have him, he was a lord and she was a maid. It was not right.

"I have to go." Gracie-Mae stutters out, her eyes opening but not meeting his before she quickly leaves at an impossible speed. The door slams behind her and she felt a sob catch in her throat but she covers her mouth to stop it.

Quickly, she made her way back through the halls and away from the library before The Lord Elijah could follow.

***
A few days later-

Elijah Mikaelson had not seen the beauty of the maid in days and it hurt. Didn't she care for him like he her? Did he rush into it too quickly? He did. But he just couldn't help it. He wanted her to be his and only his. Though from her reaction, she didn't feel the same. Elijah didn't care about status, all he cared about was love. And he knew it was love he felt for her.

The sun had set once again and The Lord waited patiently for Gracie-Mae to arrive, but he knew deep down that she wouldn't. She wouldn't come back. He had scared her off.

Suddenly, the door creaked open and his undead heart leaped, only to receive disappointment as Trevor, another servant, walked in. Slowly, Elijah turned back to the book in his lap. He knew Trevor and Gracie-Mae where close friends, in fact, she had turned him.

"Is there anything you would like while I'm here?" Trevor asks after putting the books away. Elijah goes to dismiss him but reconsiders.

"Where is Gracie-Mae?" The original asks and upon hearing her name, Trevor straightens up.

"At home I believe. She hasn't been feeling well recently." Trevor states before turning away, but Elijah frowns.

"Vampires can not catch illness." He states, causing the servant to stop in his tracks. The Lord knew he had the younger vampire caught.

"She has been brought down by sadness my lord." Trevor explains and Elijah felt a pain shoot through him. He didn't like the thought of the women being upset.

"I wish to speak to her." Elijah commands, and Trevor gulps.

"I don't think that would be wise, my lord."

"It wasn't a question."

Trevor looks down to the floor and then back at the original before nodding.

An hour passed before Trevor returned, but this time, accompanied by the brown haired maid. Elijah quickly dismissed the male before rising to his feet. Gracie-Mae still refused to look at him, finding her hands far more interesting.

"I am sorry for any pain I have caused you." Were the first words to come from Elijah's mouth as he made his way towards her. "That was not my intention."

"I do not believe I know what your intentions are, M'Lord." Gracie-Mae states quickly before shutting her mouth. Elijah felt his lips pull into a smirk. He liked the fact she had a sharp tongue, it made things more interesting.

"Would you like to know my intentions?" Elijah asks, watching as Gracie-Mae peeps at him from under her lashes.

"If it would please, M'Lord." She states and Elijah nods, even though he knew she wasn't looking at him no longer. He wanted to see her face, see her eyes. The beautiful eyes that lit up in the light just like the moon.

"Please look at me." Elijah says, his voice slightly pleading. She obliges much to his delight. "You are the most beautiful thing I have encountered in all my years."

Gracie-Mae goes to object but it's too late as Elijah speaks up again.

"It is true. From the moment you walked in the library on the first occasion, I knew i had to have you. You had captured my heart in just one smile that could only be rivalled by the sharpness of your tongue. And my intention, Gracie-Mae, is to court you, if you felt the same." Elijah explains and he watches the shock on Gracie-Mae's face.

"I do." Gracie-Mae whispers, but he catches it. She felt the same. The same love that he had, she had. And it was then, that Elijah Mikaelson felt what it was like to be human once again.