0.4 Flashback ~ 1492

(Up top is Gracie-Mae's dress)

A loud knocking catches the the three women's attention. Each turn to look at the door of the cottage.

"Help, please help me." A frantic voice cries and the oldest of the women answers the door. Grace continues to sit in the corner, poking a needle and thread through fabric while rose watches the door.

"Please, help me." The girl at the door cries.

"I don't invite strangers into my home." The women states

"No, Trevor. He said that you'd help me." Both siblings within the cottage overhear the conversation, and freeze.

"Damn him. Always making promises I don't want to keep." Rose mutters before she looks at the girl.

"Let the girl in." She demands the old women once she realises who the girl is. Katerina Petrova.

Katerina enters and Rose goes over to the woman and compels her.

"Bring her water and something to eat." Rose says and the women nods before exiting the cottage.

"You must be Rose. Thank you. Trevor said to show you this. To prove I am who I say and that you'd help me to freedom." Katerina says as she shows Rose the moonstone.

"You stole this from Klaus?" Rose asks, shocked.

"It was to be part of the sacrifice ritual, so I grabbed it and made my escape." Katerina explains, still not noticing Grace who sits in the corner, glaring at her.

"People do not escape from Klaus. Everyone who tries ends up back in his grasp and anyone who helps them dies." Rose snaps.

"I know the risk you bring on yourself by giving me aid." Katerina says, giving her a smile but rose doesn't return it.

"I'm risking nothing. At nightfall, I'll bring you back to Klaus and beg him to show us all mercy." She catches Katherine and pushes her in an empty room.

"No! No!" Katerina cries but rose closes the door.

"Rose, what's going on?" Grace asks, and rose turns to find her stood up, her stitching abandoned on the stool. "Why is Katerina here?" The younger sibling says the name with a growl, her disdain for the Doppelgänger easily shown.

"Nothing that concerns you little sister." Rose says.

"But-"

"Gracie-Mae, please, I beg Of you. Don't worry about anything, leave it to me." Rose insists before walking away.

*****

Rose enters the room in which she is holding Katerina once night falls, to find her on the bed.

"It's nightfall. Time to go." Rose states, grace behind her. The older sibling sees that Katerina has blood covering her stomach and frowns.

"When did this happen?" She asks.

"In the woods, I tripped." Katerina lies, making Rose frown.

"It's a lie, We would have smelled it." She snaps as she finds a knife in Katerina's hand and takes it.

"I'd rather die than go back to Klaus. Please, just let me die." Katerina eggs, tears in her eyes.

"If you die then Trevor dies with you." Rose bites her wrist and puts it in Katherine's mouth, forcing her to drink the blood. Her wounds heals just as Trevor enters the cottage.

"No. No!" Katerina cries.

"Where is she?" Trevor asks and Rose rushes over to him, leaving Katerina alone. She pushes him against the wall, making Grace gasp as she watches.