0.8 Flashback~ 1490

Gracie-Mae giggles as Elijah chases her through the corridors, both running at a human speed. The female wore a grey- blue dress, which was as soft as silk and flowed with every movement she made. It was a beautiful dress that Elijah had insisted giving her that very morning. Of cause, Gracie-Mae was obliged to accept at the fact beautiful dresses like this were expensive and made specially be professional seamstresses.

Servants quickly moved to the sides of the corridors upon seeing the running girl, but what shocked them even more was that The Lord Elijah was running after her, a large grin on his face. It was no secret that The Lord had feelings for the girl and the Maid returned the feelings of affection. There were also rumours that the two vampires were involved, but of course, Lord Niklaus had no idea, while he did suspect that Elijah of being a love-sick fool lately, he didn't know who the girl was.

Suddenly, arms wrap around Gracie-Mae, causing her to giggle at the familiar sensation of warmth flooding through her. Elijah laughs as he spins her around, causing her giggles to turn into full blown laughs. Slowly, The Lord puts the girl down and she turns around to face him.

"I caught you, so what's my prize?" Elijah asks, a cheeky grin on his face as he pulls Gracie-Mae close.

"Who said you would get a prize M'Lord?" She teases, her lips forming a grin that mirrored Elijah's . Elijah leans his face closer to hers and portends to bite her, causing her to giggle before he takes her lip between his teeth gently. Gracie-Mae's hands slip in the his shoulder length hair as he let's her lip go. Slowly, Elijah leans in to kiss her but he is shocked as Gracie-Mae leans back before pushing herself out of his grip.

"Catch me." She giggles before blurring off. Elijah laughs before quickly following her.

She slows down to a human speed, glancing around for any signs of her lover but there are none. Gracie-Mae begins to walk again, only to bump into a solid figure. Her eyes widen in shock as she looks up to be met with the amused face of Niklaus.

"M'Lord! I'm terribly sorry!" Gracie-Mae rushes out, curtsying before him. Suddenly, two arms wrap around her waist, and she freezes in shock. Elijah, oblivious to his brother, grins down at the girl.

Suddenly, Niklaus clears his throat and Elijah looks to him as Gracie-Mae keeps her gaze down. Slowly, the brunette lord's smile fades as he let's go of the made.

"Brother! I wasn't expecting you for a few days." Elijah states, nervousness clear on him as he glances to Gracie-Mae.

"I returned early as a surprise, I thought you would be missing me but it seems as though you have found one of the maids to entertain you." Niklaus states, his words holding amusement, but also harshness. "Gracie-Mae isn't it?"

"Yes M'Lord." She replies, still not looking at him.

"So what makes you believe that you are worthy of my brother's affections?" Niklaus suddenly asks and Elijah glares at him.

"Niklaus." Elijah warns as Gracie-Mae's head shoots up to look at the pair.

"It's only a simple question, Elijah. She is simply but a maid! You a lord, worthy of beautiful highborn ladies!" Niklaus says, laughing slightly, making Gracie-Mae's heart drop. "I'll ask again, what makes you deserve my brother's affections?"

"I-I-" she wasn't sure. She knew she didn't deserve Elijah, but she knew she loved him.

"And my brother is also an original! You are nothing but a Diluted bloodline! A speck of dust compared to my brother!" Niklaus adds and Gracie-Mae felt tears in her eyes.

"Niklaus that is enough!" Elijah demands but his heart saddens when Gracie-Mae slips her hand from his.

"You are aright M'Lord. I am sorry. It was foolish of me to even think I was worthy to love someone as such as your brother. Now, If you will excuse me, I'll be in my rightful place, the kitchens." Gracie-Mae says before quickly turning on her heels and walking away. Elijah watched after her as Niklaus stood next to him, a triumphant grin on his face. The older brother then turns to the younger, anger clear on his face.

"How dare you! How dare you say such things to the women that I love!" Elijah yells.

"Love? You don't love her!" Niklaus replies, still laughing at Elijah's foolishness.

"I love her with all me heart and I continue to fall further in love with that girl with every passing moment. And dare I say it that I love her more then I ever loved Tatia!" Elijah states before turning to go after Gracie-Mae, leaving Niklaus shocked. The servants around him watch, waiting for his reaction, but once he catches them staring, they all quickly flee.

****

Gracie-Mae stands in the kitchens, chopping vegetables for the next meal. Suddenly, gasps appear from behind her and she turns to see Elijah stood there.

"Please leave us." Elijah commands the other maids and they quickly do as told. After the door closes behind the last one, Elijah looks directly at Gracie-Mae, his heart aching at the sight of the tears in her grey eyes.

"Please, do excuse my brother, he doesn't believe anyone deserves his siblings." Elijah says, a small smile on his face but it falls when Gracie-Mae turns around and continues to cut the food.

"Gracie-Mae." Elijah says as he stands next to her. She puts down the knife, looking away.

"Yes, M'Lord?" She asks.

"Do not listen to a word my brother says he-" Elijah begins but is only cut off by Gracie-Mae.

"He is right. You deserve smart high born ladies with money and beauty, not a stupid maid who doesn't even know how to write her own name. Your a lord and I'm a maid, that's how it's supposed to be. You are also an original, one of the first vampires, I'm nothing more the a diluted bloodline." A few tears trickle down her Cheeks and Elijah quickly grabs her hands, turning her to face him.

"Look at me." Elijah says, but Gracie-Mae keeps her gaze elsewhere. "Look at me!" He commands, his tone hardening and she obliges.

"My brother is wrong. I do not care about any other women. I do not care that you at are a maid. I love you, Gracie-Mae. And you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Do not listen to my brother's foul words. It is I who do not deserve you." Elijah says as he places a hand on her cheek. She looks at him, her heart warming. "Please, you are the only women I could ever truly love or care for. No matter what, rain or shine, my love will never waver. You are mine and I am yours."

Gracie-Mae smiles at him, allowing new, happy tears to fall down her cheeks.

"I love you." She whispers and Elijah smiles back.

"I love you too." He replies before pressing his lips to hers.

" He replies before pressing his lips to hers