0.9 Daddy Issues/ Crying Wolf

Grace sighs as she allows the water to run over her body, washing away the sweat, dirt, tears and blood. Last night was eventful to say the least. She had found herself in a bed that she didn't remember falling asleep in. However, that wasn't the only thing that happened. Grace also found a box, a small black box, on the pillow next to her. At first, she thought nothing of it, probably something from the brothers, but as she recalled the events from the previous night, the box sent a stabbing fear through her.

Elijah.

He was there. He must have been the one to have carried her to the spare room. But why? And to her upmost surprise, the box held something That she had craved for centuries. A day light ring. It was a delicate silver with a slightly shaped lapis lazuli stone.

Her eyes glance to the ring that now dawned her right middle finger. It was a perfect fit. She wanted to question why Elijah gave it her, maybe even give it back, but she dared not. She finally had a daylight ring and she would never rid of it. If only rose lived to be able to feel the sun on her.

Something pulled at Grace and she quickly pushed her thoughts of rose away. She couldn't think of her, she couldn't even mention her name.

The water began to run cold and Grace turned the shower off before stepping out.

"Well, now we know what happened to the angels." A voice calls and grace frowns as she quickly wraps a towel around herself before walking over into the main room.

"What's on TV?" She asks, ignoring Damon as she picks up the remote and turning the Flatscreen on.

"The authorities believe last night's assailant may also be related to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found, as well as 25-year-old Jessica Koenig and more campers, reported missing this morning." Andie Star states from the TV. "The sheriff's department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made. In related news Mayor Lockwood spoke earlier today..."

Grace quickly turns the TV off before turning to face Damon who stands there with a towel around his waist. He looks at her with a frown, not able to meet her eyes.

"You know she wouldn't want you to do this." Damon states before looking directly at Grace. Her face was stone, her eyes cold.

"Says the lady killer." Grace says as she walks past him, slapping the remote to his chest before leaving the room.

*****

Stefan and Damon face each other, frowns on their faces. Grace lays on stefan's bed, reading through one of his journals. It was interesting to see what stefan had gotten up to, even if most of it was metaphorical nonsense.

"You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big "Save Elena" move?" Damon asks in disbelief.

"I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate." Stefan explains.

"We're not that desperate, Stefan. The guy tried to barbecue me!" Damon exclaims, catching Grace's attention. Her eyes flick from the book to the brothers, a frown on her face.

"Barbecue you?" She asks and the pair turn to her, as if remembering she is there.

"He rounded up the vampires and tried to burn them, didn't I fill you in the past couple of days?" He asks and grace rolls her eyes before turning back to the book.

"Hmm, funny. That's how long I've been ignoring you." She replies and the raven haired vampire rolls her eyes.

"Damon, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed." Stefan explains, ignoring Grace's input. "Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah? I don't trust him. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him, because apparently, he can't die!" He snaps.