11

ILLUMINATEShawn MendesChapter-11

ILLUMINATE
Shawn Mendes
Chapter-11

   Did I say 'they'? I meant he.

🔅flashback 20 minutes🔅

   I was coming in late, because I had slept in, it's only logic that one is tardy due to oversleeping. Duh.

   Anywho, I was in a complete rush to get to school, 'cause education is important. Hah yeah right.

   In all seriousness though, I arrived, and parked my car in the lot in my usual spot. Of course I'm going to see (y/n) because she never starts class without me. But no, oh no, it wasn't just her. It was her and Jack.

   So I was sitting in my car debating whether I should skip school today, patting my hands on the steering wheel, that's when I looked up and noticed Jack had hit y/n.

   I got out my car, running to the two. "What the heck, hitting girls isn't cool man." I shoved him, taking her into my arms. "Gosh, y/n, are you okay?"

   She nodded, I pulled away so I could see her face and she looked scared. "Did he really hit you, or am I just seeing things?"

   She glanced at Jack, who I noticed was giving her a glare, a death glare to be exact. "No."

   "No what?" I asked giving glares back at Jack.

   "No, no he did not hit me."

   He snatched her away from me like if she was a piece of meat, and walked away. I couldn't help but shout, "if he ever touches you the wrong way, come to me and I promise I'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated."

   When he turned his back, I flipped him off, using both my middle fingers. What a twat, going around, hurting, manipulating innocent girls.

🔅end of flashback🔅

   I didn't pummel his face Inside-out, unfortunately. But I did take note that if I ever see him lay another hand on her the wrong way, I'm not gonna hold myself back from having a brawl.

   I walk to the middle section, where my desk is placed, to see the bastard in my seat.

   "Hey," I pretty much demand for his undivided attention, "you're in my seat."

   He snorts out a laugh, without hesitation, I grab him by his shirt and practically throw him out of the seat.

   "Don't mess with me, or you will get hurt." I snarl. He picks himself off the floor and sits in the next open seat on the right side of me.

   "So I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you're the infamous pepper jack i keep hearing about." I recite, glaring at him from the corner of my eye.

   "Damn right." He kicks his legs up onto the desk, confidently knocking over the books that were set there.

   "You gonna pick those up?" A petite girl that has an oxygen tank on a roller asks politely, staring down at her black church shoes.

   Just when he thought I wasn't paying attention, he grabs her hair and pulls her down to his level. "No, but you can."

   I'm really done with this guy, I violently kick the back leg of the chair, and he tumbles backwards, leaving him to groan in pain.

   "You really shouldn't have done that." He grits though his teeth, failing to intimidate me. So this is where Madi's stubbornness and attitude is coming from.

   "Oh, but I just did. And this is only the beginning." My chuckle shows full pettiness. I glance over at madison who is twirling her light brown/blondeish hair between her fingers, minding her own business by having headphones in.

   'I'm Sorry' I mouth to her, but really to myself for what I was going to do to break them apart. In fact, I was not sorry. The teacher walks happily into class, and everyone's chattering settles down.

   Jack still dares to sit next to me, and class officially starts on the ring of the final bell.

   "Good morning class, I hope you've had a great morning so far, my name is Mrs.Cooper and I'll be your sub for the week." She pastes a toothy Colgate smile.

   "Everyone, take a piece of paper out, right now we will be taking notes, then doing a worksheet after." Our instructor instructs, digging through the lesson plans for today's work.

   "Pstt, Mads." I scoot over to her, my breath on her neck. Hopefully sending chills down her spine. "Can I have paper?"

   She rolls her eyes and shoves her notebook and me. I single handedly take the notebook and raise it up to  our faces, so no one would see what I was about to do.

   "Hey, guess what?" I smile, and her face shoots in my direction. I quickly peck her lips.

I scoot back to my desk and wink at her, she was as red as a rose, so I must've done something right.

While she was still looking at me I mouth the words 'I love you'. Which was the worst thing I could've done because she stops blushing and looks away, mad and confused.

-
I wrote this chapter without stopping so I had no idea how this was gonna turn out..