24

ILLUMINATEMadison Montgomery Chapter-24

ILLUMINATE
Madison Montgomery
Chapter-24

   "Unrequited love.. Puh-lease," I scoff, "Love means nothing. It's just another feeling," I say the rest through gritted teeth, "that brainwashes people into doing stupid stuff."

   "You can't tell me you've never been in love. I don't care what you say, I'm not going to accept it."

"Okay, Shawn. You caught me." I do the sarcastic jazz hands, "I have been I love, and you know where that got me? It got me in the hospital four damn times. And I can't say I went because of a broken heart."

"Where're you going?" Just as I finish Shawn leaves me alone in the kitchen, heading down the hall to my bedroom.

   "Nowhere." He says in a mischievous tone. He's definitely up to something. "I still have to hear what you have to say." He exits my room, making his way back to me with a black t-shirt in hand.

   "Do I really?" I let out a throaty groan as he tips the chair I'm sitting in backwards. He nearly tips me too far and i grasp onto the edge of the table. I fall back all the way, hitting the floor hard. He apologises as if that'll make the extreme pain on my backside go away.

   "Yes, really." He laughs, "sorry by the way. I didn't think I was gonna drop you." He slips his hand beneath my neck, under my hair, and lifts me to sit upwards.

   I rub the back of my neck intensely as he tries to figure out where to set me down. "Better?" He stares, fixing a neck pillow on my neck. "I hope I didn't break you. That would suck."

   "I'm not a piece of fine china, you dork." I secretly strive away from the previous conversation. "Wanna turn the television on for me?" I point weakly to the t.v.

"Madison." He places his hands on either side of me, practically trapping me underneath him as he drags my name, giving me that look that he always gives when he really wants something. Benito is what he calls it.

"Shawn."

"I prefer Benito, thank you very much."

"Madison, don't make me tickle you 'till you pee yourself." He playfully threatens, trying to keep a smile off his face.

"Jokes on you, I'm not ticklish anymore." I stick my tongue out at him with my eyes closed and he licks me.

He takes a step away from me, raising his hands only to drop them at his side. "You don't have to tell me. I don't even care anymore."

"No, wait!" I tumble off the couch, trying to get him to come back. "I'll tell you."

"Finally." He lets out a long breath of relief, his hands hug at my shoulders, tightening anxiously. I didn't mind it though. I start with a sigh, dropping my shoulders down. "This may sound really dumb, but I-"

"Hold that thought." He spits out fast and clear, running outside to take an unexpected call. I stay in place, kicking my feet up and down into the air, waiting for his return. My heart beat fastens at the sight of him hurrying back inside.

"Make it quick- I really have to go."

"Uh-yeah, okay." As every second passes, the bigger my nervousness grows. And surely enough, I'd let my inner awkwardness get the best of me. "I'm gonna say it fast, so listen well 'cause I'm not repeating."

His eyebrows scrunch, "okay, yeah. I guess." He bends down and I prepare myself. As I tell him, his eyes light up like candles. "You like me?"

"Yeah- um." I cough, scared of what he might say. "Didn't you say you had to be somewhere?" I grab his hand firmly and he dashes to the door, leaving his belongings behind.

"Well yeah, but before you kick me out, I just want to let you know that I  want to make this official, do you?" He shyly asks, stuffing a hand into his pant pocket.

"Official, as in, be your girlfriend?"

"No, as my nanny. Of course I'm asking you to be my girlfriend." He jokes, so much hope glistening in his caramel eyes.

"I'd love to." I fluently spoke, my cheeks fluster the entire time.

"Alright," he lightly grabbed the doorknob, "I'll see you Monday."

"W-why not tomorrow?" My brow voluntary raises. He looks down, discontinuing our eye contact. "Um, I've got things to do." He turns on his heels, closing the door behind.

Oh my goodness. I've just agreed to be his girlfriend. I bit my lip, lying in place, looking directly at the ceiling as that is all I can do at the moment.

When The front door had closed, all I wanted to do was happy dance. I quickly scout for my cheap dell laptop and tried to Skype Cecilia, despite how much pain i was in.

"What now, Madison?" She rubs her eye as she yawns.

"Shawn asked me out! Isn't that great!"
I chime, chewing on my bottom lip.

"Not really, I mean, why would he ask you out? Hasn't he told you about Winter?" A confused face came upon her.

"The season?" I, myself was just as confused as she was right now.

"Sure." She said sarcastically. "Shawn forgot to tell you he was dating a season." She hangs up, leaving me to ask no more stupid questions.

That feeling I get when I update early..

And thank you v v much for almost 2k reads!! You guys are amazing

And thank you v v much for almost 2k reads!! You guys are amazing. 💓