35

ILLUMINATE
Shawn Mendes
Chapter-35
-

   Night had fell, I had snuck I to her room three hours ago, her father in the living room as he happily permitted us to Madison's room. He trusted me.

We're in her room, it's just us two, I feel her getting closer. She rests her head up on my chest, and I sit with a sad smile, thinking that this'll be the last time I come over.

'I hate to hurt you, but I've got to be honest, I can't give you what you need. You deserve more than I can promise.' Is what I want to tell her as she lays on me.

Half of me regrets what we did while the other half of my begs for more. "Madi, I love you."

Soft snores escape her lips and she drapes her arm over my stomach, sleeping like a baby. Seeing her eyes rest made me wonder, was I the one she was dreaming of?

I softly slip a pillow under her arms as a replacement for my body and pull the covers over her body. Kissing her cheek, I felt tears in my eyes-

Present

My eyes shoot open, waking up on the couch. Everything felt so... real. But what didn't make sense was how I was dreaming of my Madison Montgomery I hate her, she hates me.

It's odd to dream of someone you despise. I shudder, feeling creeped out of my all-so-realistic fantasy. I should've woke sooner, but I didn't. I couldn't.

A knock on the front door, I yawn, getting up to answer. "Hey." There, my sworn enemy stood, I stare blankly. "Aren't you gonna invite me in?" She smiles a bit, I nod.