14

ILLUMINATEShawn MendesChapter-14

ILLUMINATE
Shawn Mendes
Chapter-14

"Oh, um, that's nice." I respond, trying not to be offensive, "i thought you liked Ian, you guys seemed to be really hitting it off." I switch the subject to be free of a possible offensive reply.

"You're uncomfortable." She says below a whisper, taking my bland reaction into consideration.

"Me, uncomfortable? No, i, I was just taken back." I defend, my voice goes confidently into a sigh, "I am a bit uncomfortable, sorry, how rude of me."

"How long? If- if I may ask." I suck my bottom lip between my teeth, contemplating why she'd barely tell me now, many years after being the best of friends.

"I, uh, rather not." She shakes her head as if it were her mistake of telling me.

"That's fine, I was just really curious. Maybe I could've talked to her for you, since I am, after all, a good friend." I wink, also using my free left hand to pinch her cheek, like an elder would to grandchildren.

Madison Montgomery
(It's about time..smh.)

   "J-Jack, that hurts

"J-Jack, that hurts." I wince as he tugs at my hair for confronting him about what had happened earlier in the school day.

"That would've never happened if your little friend, Shane, or whatever, got between us." He shoves my body into his bedroom window, tears streaming down my cheeks, mascara and liner mixed with the salty liquid.

"He-" I am cut of by him throwing a combat boot and baseball past me, shattering the window into a billion tiny pieces.

"Just shut up, Madison! You're so annoying with your explanations! Just shut up before I really hurt you!" With His temper rising over the top, he snatches a metal baseball bat into his hands, raising it over his head, ready to strike me.

Tears race down my cheeks like a river, hurt of his words that felt as if there were bricks being thrown at me all at once. It's okay though, I'm desensitized to his hurtful words and actions towards me.

After all, I've been living in this tortuous relationship for three and a half years, thanks to my father, who claims 'he knows what's best for me'.

I snap out of my train of thought by my body being forcibly pressed against his bed, my clothes being torn off my body.

Let me note that I had no say in whether I wanted to be with Jack, that means the decision was set by Jack and my clueless father.

Everyday for the past three years have been repetitive; forced to do things I don't want to do, tortured, sometimes threatened if I'm lucky.

Even once, I'd been used for 'entertainment' by his friends. It was horrifying, I was scared to death, the again, after it being done so many times, I've grown tolerable to his sick twisted ways.

My mind was running wild of the many possibilities of what he could do to me next, then I realise, taking one long blink, that he was forcing me into sexual activity.

I couldn't help but cry, hating myself for being such a douche to Shawn, when i knew he could've helped me get away from the abuse. He went through it also, and I was almost positive that he knew how to end it.

"I'm such a bad friend." I choke out as jack grips on my neck, my face going red, then onto purple. I was hopeless of ever getting help.

"What was that?" Jack groans as his body presses against mine.

I came up with a quick lie saying that I have to use the bathroom before he could do me anymore damage.

He pushes himself off of me tossing me my jeans, then leading me to the bathroom in the hallway as if nothing happened.

"Don't keep me waiting." He smirked.  Oh how I wish to slap that sick face of his.

"Oh I won't." I secretively walk backwards into the bathroom, my hand behind my back, gripping onto my phone.