13

ILLUMINATEShawn MendesChapter-13

ILLUMINATE
Shawn Mendes
Chapter-13

   "I'm really hating you right now." Madison crosses her arms over her chest, chewing her gum, popping a small green bubble every time.

   "Well, um," I scratch the back of my neck defenseless of anything to say in return, "I- you know what, forget it." I reciprocate her, roping my arms around one another provokingly.

   Seconds pass until I cede , "Madison?" I lean my head on her shoulder, only causing her to shrug me off. "What's wrong? Is today that time of the month?"

   She blinks, batting her lashes, mesmerising me. I was anticipating for a smile to crack, but it didn't happen. She snags my finger and bends it back, a groan slipping a little too loud, and my teeth sinking into my lip to hold back a yelp.

   Ian draws my hand away forcefully, snatching my now dislocated index from her insanely tight grip.

   "Fuck you too." I scoff at her, actually being hurt by her deliberate action. She's being a salty peanut.

   The rest of the day was the same, I hated it; not being able to have a one on one conversation with Madison. It usually ended up being a one sided; me rambling and her not listening.

   I lean against my car waiting for Cecelia to proceed with our 'date', with my wrapped finger that was held up with a popsicle stick, gauze and tape from the nurses office.

   As the students were spreading off campus to their cars, I, ironically, catch sight of Madison and her delinquent of a boyfriend, sauntering hand in hand to her car a bit ahead of mine.

   Instead of minding my own business, I examine as he opens the car for her and assists her in. It angers me, in fact, I was jealous, but there was not much I could do considering she actually confirmed that she hated my guts.

   I build up some kind of hidden courage that I withheld inside, and call her name tremblingly.

   As if synchronized, both their heads dart in my direction. "What?" Wait, when did Jack become her spokesman?

   "May I have a word with her?" I lumber straight, for I was intimidated by him.

   He peeks over at his girlfriend and she shakes her head, denying me. "That'll be a no." He coolly responds, hanging from the door.

   "Seriously, Madison?" I gawk in disbelief.

   "Sorry man, give her some time, maybe she'll get over the rumors." He shakes his head, slowly getting into his car and closing the door.