15

ILLUMINATEMadison Montgomery  Chapter-15

ILLUMINATE
Madison Montgomery
Chapter-15

   He carefully observes as I shut the door. I hear his heavy breaths outside the door, fading away, distancing himself to give me my well needed privacy.

   At this moment of time, I don't know what to do; call Shawn, apologize and ask for help, or call the police.

   I contemplate the ideas for a second, coming to the conclusion that I should call Shawn. I figure if I called the police, Jack would only suck up to them and they'd end up believing him.

   I press his contact. He answers, not even on the first ring. "What do you want?" He answers as if he were my mother; rude and salty.

Shawn Mendes

   "What. A. Bitch." She whispers very very lowly.

   "That's my girl." I grin, as I gently single -handedly place the picnic basket into the backseat of my car, my index standing upwards in its cast. "Whats up?"

   "Uh, Jack." She whimpers, shakily. "I gotta go-"

   "Wait-"

   "I'll text you his address, please, please come." Then the call ended. The sound of her crying scares the hell out of me. She was breathless, literally.

   Jack... I cringe at the thought of his name. What'd he do this time? I slam the backdoor shut, causing Cecelia to jump.

   "Woah there, why so tense, Mendes?" She places a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it lightly. "I mean, this picnic wasn't a total bust."

   I receive the address and I immediately punch in the address into my gps. "Get in the car."

   "Uhh, okay. I thought we were gonna stay a bit longer, though." She sighs getting into the, already started up, car.

   "Another time. I need to get her." I jump in, closing the door, and driving to wherever the gps tells me to go.

Madison Montgomery

   "Hey," Jack knocks on the door, the toilet simultaneously flushing with the knock. "You okay? You've been in there for a good ten minutes."

   "Y-yeah. I was just finishing up." I swallow the lump in my throat, as I open the door to see a blissful Jack, that I wish to not enrage. I turn the faucet on, to wash my hands.

   Shawn. He's coming. I hope.

   "Want anything to eat? My mom won't be back until the morning." He offers, holding out his somewhat tan hand.

   "S-sure." I reply, studying his every move, as he did the same to me. This isn't fair. I internally bawl my eyes out. Jack makes me feel like I'm trapped in a box; suffocating, and slowly dying.

   "Alright, you're making it though." He finally respondes, cutting the awkward silence short.

   I flinch as he raises his hand and places it behind me on the small of my back, leading my down the hall to the kitchen.

   I search through the fridge as he studies me, sitting on top of the counter cross-legged.

   "Can we talk?" He mutters, under his breath. I was obliged to say yes, so what other choice is there. "Yeah, sure." I try to lessen the amount of  sarcasm I let out in this conversation.

   "I was thinking, maybe I could go out with that girl from math class, Mariana, you know her, right?"

   "The really hot one?" I was also obliged to say that. If I screw up and say something wrong, I will not be living to see tomorrow.

   "The really hot one." He agrees. "I'm gonna meet up with her tomorrow, so you can have a day for yourself."

   "You guys made plans already?" I choke out, hoping I wasn't all in his business.

   "Yes." He stares, tensing up. "Do you have a problem with that?"

   I shake my head, scared because he got down from the counter top, and came over to me.

   "Shall I help?" He takes the knife i was using to cut the green onions with, and reciprocates what I was doing before.

   "You know, since I have a free day tomorrow, could I possibly go out with Shawn and Ian?"

   He turns in my direction, pointing the knife at me. One step forward and I'm dead.

   "Did you really just ask to go out with Shawn?" He grits his teeth, bringing the tip of the knife to touch my neck.

   "A-and Ian." I remind, knowing that he's gonna hurt me at any given moment.

   "Oh...well...I guess you can." He shrugs his shoulders, not making it a big deal. "As long as it's not only you two. You know, I get jealous." He set the knife down, lifts my chin up and kisses my sore, beaten lips.

   "You don't get jealous, Jack, that's unlike you. And...why be jealous of Shawn, he's only a friend." I show a reassuring toothy smile, Placing my hands on his bare chest.

   That's when it happened, he becomes enraged again. "Why do always talk about Shawn, Madison!? Do you like him!?" He grabs my arm tightly, likely going to leave a mark.

   "I, I don't know."

   His eyes drop down at what he'd done to me, and he backs away with watery eyes. "Madison. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

   "No, no." I press my index finger onto his lips. "It's okay. I know you didn't mean to... Just, just breathe." I hug him, taking in everything that's happening.

   "We shouldn't be together, Jack." I cry, pulling away to see his tear stained face.

   "What?" He croaks.

   "I said we shouldn't be together."

   "Wh- after all we've been through?!" He shoves me away, causing me to fall back.

   This time I stand up to him. "No Jack.. After all I've been through!" I got up rushing to the front door. He follows me, blocking the entrance.

   "Move out of my way." I spit.

   There was a sudden knock on the door, and I knew for sure it had to be Shawn.

   Jacks eyebrows raise, he glares through the window to see Shawn's car parked.

This sucks butt. I apologize in advance, for any badly written chapters. Hopefully going back to school, to English class, will ensure better chapters for future updates.