12

ILLUMINATE
Shawn Mendes
Chapter-12

   Right after that happened, I open her notebook and write on a blank page: 'say something, anything.'

   I pass the notebook to her and put my attention to the teacher upfront. She passes it to me and I open it revealing the words in pen 'why'd you kiss me?', written in her beautiful, unique calligraphy. 

   I scribble my response onto the paper, erasing it every few seconds or so to find the right wording. Hm... I tap the end of my pencil on my bottom lip, in concentration mode as I end up writing the words in my sloppy penmanship, 'Because I want you.. Just give me a chance.'

   I pass it back and she furrows her barely filled eyebrows, observing me through the mascara on her lashes. Finally, shaking her head no, the loose waves in her hair sway side to side, frustration building inside.

   "Alright class, you may work with a partner on the worksheet, if you'd like." The teacher advises, passing the assignment around the room. Most students folding the paper into their backpack, assuring that they'll do it later.

   I slide myself in the seat next to her as the person that sits next to her gathers their belongings and moves to a different desk across the room. That leaves Jackass with no partner. Or so I thought.

   I smirk at him, coming closer to her every second he death glared me. I  eventually became so close that I slip onto her lap.

   "You're very comfortable Madi." I say, moving my head to a more comfortable position on her right thigh. She shrugs, disapproving of my (ever so obvious) flirtatious gesture.

   "Do I have anything on my lips?." I question as she stares at my lips.

   "Um.. no." She lightly shakes her head as she's been caught staring.

   "Oh." I pout whilst scooting away, back into my seat.

   I gape over my shoulder to get a look at Jack, seeing that he is swarmed with hormonal teenage women, obviously only looking to get into his pants. His face was full of satisfaction, it made me want to throw up.

   The bell rings, signaling class is dismissed, everyone tosses their papers to the teacher as if she was some zoo animal, and I properly handing it in.

   "Thank you mr.mendes, you're the only student in this period that actually has manners. I'll see you in class tomorrow."

   "Maybe."

   Her eyebrows knit together. "I'm joking Ms.Cooper, I'll definitely be here."

   I exit class hauling along my pesky practice bag to my next class, government, which I have with, the one and most certainly only, Winter Ethens, my ex-girlfriend.

   I have to say, Winter Ethens is pretty much the only reason why I'm loving government. I pick on her everyday, she loves it I bet, it's the only time she has my full attention, In which any female in that class would die for.

   Today, instead of sitting in my usual assigned seat next to Winter, I sit up front with Ian and Cecila. "What's good, mendes." They greet me with our secret handshake we've came up with on our first year.

   "Angry girlfriend, three o'clock." Ian whispers, directing the notice my way. "I'll cover you." He tosses his hockey jersey over my head, thinking I'd get full coverage.

"Hey Lia, Ian. Do you happen to know Shawn's whereabouts?" Madison removes the jersey from my head, crossing her arms.

   "Ta-da...." We all do jazz hands, except Madison. She stands before us annoyed.

   "Welp, so much for covering me Ian." I kid sardonically.

   "You guys suck." She rudely comments, taking a seat beside me.

   "B, DO YOU WANT TO FIGHT ME RI-" Cecelia springs upwards, seriously about to attack Madison.

   I look over at Ian and he nods. We both pinch her butt, causing her to wince and sit back down.

"Omg, is 'the Madison Montgomery' really sitting by moi (mu-wa)? She's so pretty, I would've never thought she'd want to sit next to I, Shawn Mendes, whom is nothing but a peasant. I praise you my beloved Madison." I attempt to lighten the mood, since it is obvious it is filled with uncomfortable tension.