30

ILLUMINATE
Madison Montgomery
Chapter-30

Darkness still taking over my entire bedroom at five o'clock in the morning, but when I opened my eyes, something was different. There's a sliver of light seeping through the curtains. It's still grey outside from the clouds, it's definitely clearer than yesterday considering there isn't much fog veiling my window, making it impossible to see outside.

   I climb out from under my covers to look outside, groaning as i see a thick layer of snow covering the yard. The snow falling from the sky dusts the tops of every vehicle in the area as it barely dusts the road also.

   You know, if it hadn't rained last night, I'd say it'd be no trouble walking out. But being the total klutz that I am, it was going to be a bit difficult getting from the porch to me car due to the rain turning to ice on the concrete.

   I presume dad left for work before I woke. In a way, I can say that living with my father, Ryan, is kind of like having a place of my own since he isn't home much. It's sad, actually. His job works him like a slave, no breaks, no days off, just pure stress.

   Rubbing my eye as I walk down the hall to the kitchen, I trip over dad's leather suitcase. Taking a short time to relieve, I pick myself up and place his suitcase elsewhere.

   I throw down a bowl of cereal in the darkness, along downing orange juice straight from the carton.

   Whether something is really wrong with me this morning, I feel...excited to go to school. Not that I'm eager for the learning experience. If I'm trying to be honest with myself, I'm more happy than scared to see Shawn. And that's pretty stupid of me being as he's already frustrated with me.

   Rather than continuing on with the babbling in my head, I drag my feet to the bathroom.

   I take a quick shower and not too long after I get dressed while nodding my head to soft folk music. Finishing my outfit I decide to wear whatever shoes that I cross paths with by the front door.

  Dad is gonna hate that I'm going out the way I'm dressed, because He always goes on about dressing properly and wearing suitable clothing for the season, but it's his fault for not having bought me the appropriate clothing to gent me through the winter.

   My phone buzzes in the restroom, still on the charger, I pace slowly to get ahold of it. I get ahold of my phone, seeing a blue message from Shawn and from my dad.

SHAWN: Aye, sorry this is last minute, buut I'm gonna spend the day with C and Ian. Yeah? cool, okay.

Me: um.. ok I guess.

   Within the thirty minutes of waiting for 6:00 to come around, he finally replies. He took an awful long time to reply back, which I don't understand, because he's usually on his phone twenty-four seven. 

SHAWN: alright.. and like I said, just Ian and C.

SHAWN: omg Sorry if I seemed to be coming off as rude or something, it sounded so much 'not mean' in my head.

Me: but why just them? You know that you guys are literally my only friends

SHAWN: you can literally try to make new ones :)

SHAWN: oh god, that sounded mean also. But besides that, if anything goes wrong, CALL me. I'll get to you as soon as I can.

SHAWN: well I'm heading to school. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you I LOVE YOUUUU <3