26

ILLUMINATEShawn MendesChapter-26

ILLUMINATE
Shawn Mendes
Chapter-26

   "I know that you have a secret love for winter." Those words come from her mouth like a bullet, shooting me directly in the heart as my face sinks and seemingly feels to be pale of guilt.

   "I can expl-" With a heart that's stopped beating in my chest, my lips slightly parted from hurt, I stand before her, trembling on the inside.

   "Which is totally ridiculous," she continues, cutting me off, "because I thought fall was your favourite season."

   A long sigh of relief departs from between my lips, my tensed shoulders drop, and my heart began beating its normal pattern once again. "O-of course," I play along, knowing if I didn't, I could get myself in loads of trouble, "how could you not know winter was my favourite season, Madison. We've established this before." I choke on my words, guiltily.

   "Grade A listening is a quality I don't have, mister." She tisks, tapping the tip of my nose.

   I nod in agreement, "yeah, pft, I forgot." I softly hit the palm of my hand onto the side of my head. "So, about your friend.. Should I be worried about competition?"

   She shrugs her shoulder and a side smile creeps onto her pink lips

   She shrugs her shoulder and a side smile creeps onto her pink lips. "I don't know, he's just a really good friend, that's all."

   "Alright. Um, I guess I should get going. Leave you guys to it." I press the top of her hand to my lips, stepping back slowly, gently releasing her by her fingertips.

   "So soon? You should stay a bit longer, get to know Matt. Might become great friends, you never know." She steps forward enthusiastically, her eyes and smile glistening from the sun.

   "You sure? I really don't want to intrude." I insist, raising my hands. She tugs the ends of my shirt down to cover my stomach area and she leaves her hand on me for a second more. She was feeling me.