MIA

Thalia's POV

I woke up the instant the sun began to rise, my internal clock signalling that it was time for me to get started with my day. My calf had healed over night thanks to Reyna's medical attention and the ambrosia. However my shoulder was still slightly tender. Rubbing my eyes I sat up and stretched. Time for a morning run. I stood and turned the lights on preparing for my day when I realized I had no belongings and nothing to wear. Groaning I shuffled over to Hylla's dresser and rummaged through the spare clothes. Luckily enough there were some jogging shorts and a shirt I could wear. After some more exploring I discovered a pair of rather new tennis shoes. "Sweet."

Dressed and ready to go I crept quietly down the stairs. There was no point in waking up the Praetor let alone being more of a problem. Reaching the last step I nearly jumped out of my skin when a quiet bark came from no where. Scanning the dark area I noticed a gold gleaming dog and let out a sigh of relief. It was just Reyna's hounds. They sat there expectantly their tails wagging excitedly. They were just like the wolves from camp. "You guys wanna come?"

As soon as I said that they sprang to their feet and nearly broke the door down. I laughed quietly, Jason and Percy had told me they were kind of scary but I guess they weren't too bad. They just got aggressively excited. I opened the door and Aurum and Argentum bolted outside barking and wrestling with each other. Not a person was out at this time and the air was rather chilly. Sighing contentedly I tried to focus on my missing friends. I shouldn't feel safe right now and I certainly shouldn't feel happy. I shook my head like that would clear my thoughts and picked a direction to set off in. With a short sigh I began running down the empty streets and paths. The slight breeze ruffled my hair with cold fingers and I felt free. Aurum and Argentum bolted in and out of view next to me. I observed the buildings as I flew by. There was a large white building I assumed to be either the Senate house or the Dining pavilion. A minute or two later I stumbled upon houses sprawled across a grassy expanse of land. It was amazing to know that families lived there in safety where they could grow up peacefully. I knew Percy and Annabeth were going to college here but they had gone back to CHB to visit for the summer.

A large building, easily the biggest around, was definitely the college. Dorms rested in even rows around it. I was reaching the end of the main city and out in front of me rested rolling hills dotted with numerous temples. Jason had built a lot of the new ones with Annabeth's help. Feeling good, I surged forward going faster than before. As everything else blurred around me I felt like I was floating, every care and worry dissapeared, it was like I was back in the woods again leading the hunt. I ran for a very long time circling the same path over and over again. My breathing was ragged towards the end but it was a familiar and strangely pleasant feeling. My skin was covered with a slick sweat and I noticed something I hadn't previously. There was a rather large hill on the horizon. I made my way towards it before charging up its steep slope. I could feel my muscles contracting to compensate the sudden incline. My chest ached but I smiled. Making it to the top i gasped for air very much aware that my hair was plastered to my face. I ran a hand through the mess not caring how it looked. Glancing around I noticed that Aurum and Argentum had dissapeared.

Frowning I spun around looking for them only see Reyna leaning on a tree that shaded the hill a thoughtful expression on her face.  "What route did you take?"

I gestured at the entire expanse of New Rome that layed sprawled out in front of us. The sun was casting a beautiful splash of colors over the buildings bathing them in light. For a moment I forgot I was explaining my route and just stared mesmerized at the view. "Woah."

"It's pretty isn't it?" Reyna asked. She had a slight tilt to her lips that might have been a smile. "It's why I always walk over here. It's a good way to start your day watching the sunrise."