Okay

Reyna's POV

I wasn't exactly sure where I was. I knew it wasn't the infirmary and I was aware of people bustling about. A face floated above me, they wore a surgeons mask, but their blue eyes were familiar. It was Will. My vision swam in and out of focus. I couldn't feel anything and I wanted to talk but I couldn't speak. Will seemed to say something but I couldn't make out what it was. As I stared at him longer the world progressively grew darker.

When I woke up I was in the infirmary this time. I could feel my body now and every inch of me seemed to burn but I felt better than before. I looked about and spotted Nico sitting next to me. He smiled, a sigh of relief escaping him.

Normally I would have smiled upon seeing him but nowadays things just weren't normal. Instead, I wanted to cry. Visions of Lycaon danced in my head. The beatings, the pain,my sister's protests, all of it.

Nico's smile dropped when he saw the tears well in my eyes and instead of saying anything he simply hugged me. You would be surprised how much his small skinny arms could make you feel safe. "It's okay Rey."

"Are the others alright?" I croaked. He laughed lightly pulling back and studying my face.

"Yes they're okay. Sila made a complete recovery. Hylla's working on it and Thalia is in a meeting with the others," Nico explained. A sigh of relief passed through me. I didn't remember much except the electricity in the air. I vaguely remembered Thalia and Nico. It was all a blur.

"Thalia was shot." All at once I remembered the arrow shafts sticking out of her.

"She put up a good fight but Will got the arrows out," Nico smiled slightly. He had one of those smiles that you couldn't resist. It appeared rarely but when it did you felt relaxed. Happier.

"Can you help me up?" I asked.

"You're not supposed to go anywhere. Your wounds were bad Reyna. It's a miracle you're alive," Nico mumbled and for the first time I saw the worry on his face and the fear in his eyes. I couldn't help but felt guilty. He'd probably lost sleep over me and here I was feeling sad for myself.

"I told you a long time ago Nico. It's gonna take a lot to kill me." I tried for a smile but he didn't but it. Sighing I reach out and tilted his chin up. "I mean it."

"Yeah," He laughed lightly, taking my hand and helping me stand up. I leaned on him heavily as the floor swam in and out of focus.

"You said there was a meeting?" I asked, my vision finally steadying.

"Yeah in the Big House. Thalia's telling the others what happened. Frank and Hazel also came over once they heard what happened. They said all of New Rome was really upset." Nico talked calmly not rushing his words out like usual. In a way I was thankful. If he'd talked loudly and quickly I was sure my head would be throbbing.

"Okay. Take me to the meeting," I decided. Nico walked me to the infirmary door just so I could get used to my legs again. Afterwards he walked beside me matching my turtle pace until we arrived at the steps of the big house.

I took a moment to compose myself. I straightened my posture wincing as my wounds twisted and pulled. Nico observed and I could see an almost sadness in his eyes. Sighing I opened the door and stepped inside.

All of the conversation died down and everyone stared at me wide eyed. "What? I'm not that ugly am I?"

Hazel laughed, being the first to move she tackled me in a hug. I swallowed the pain and hugged her back tightly.

"All you left was a stupid note," she chastised.

"Sorry, I was in a rush," I apologized.  Hazel let go and returned to her seat. Frank smiled broadly, Percy let out a sigh of relief, while Annabeth and Piper appeared to be slightly pissed. Leo gave me a thumbs up but Jason wouldn't even look at me. He continued to stare at the table. Chiron nodded respectfully  meanwhile Thalia just studied me with a curious look.