Bandaid

Thalia's POV

It had been two weeks since the war. But it was a slow two weeks. I'd found out that Reyna and I had been saved in the nick of time by Hermes. He'd sprinted in despite his weakened power and pulled us to safety but we'd blacked out for the rest.

My recovery was slow, painful and frustrating. Jason and the others visited me a lot but they had other things that needed to be done. Reyna on the other hand seemed to spend a majority of her time with me. Not that I minded it, it made time fly by.

She seemed different though and I couldn't quiet place it. So to help try and cheer her up I asked for a hug each day but it only seemed to make it worse. Whenever she forgot I asked for two the next. She'd laugh but oblige.

As it would turn out Sally, Percy's incredible mother, had figured out everything that had happened and invited us all over to spend a day at the beach with her, Paul, and Percy's little sister.

Needless to say it took some convincing to have Will clear me. So I called in the special forces, aka Reyna. All she had to do was look at him and he said I could go.

"Thanks." I smiled at her. "It's boring in here anyways I want to go outside for once."

"I could understand. But you have to be careful you're still healing he'll have my head if something goes wrong." Reyna said not returning the smile.

"I know. Besides, careful is my middle name." I said and stood up with a grunt my back flaring up.

"Uh huh sure." Reyna rolled her eyes and wrapped an arm around me like she usually did her hand trailing down to my hip before she quickly moved it back up to my side.

"I'm not gonna swim or anything so no need for a swim suit." I said trying to see how fast I could walk.

"Alright but you're white as hell so you'll need sunscreen." Reyna reminded.

"So is Jason. He'll have some." I assured her. She nodded and we made our way slowly outside where I squinted. It was bright. Too bright. "Someone tell Apollo to turn down the sun."

"Right let me just speed dial him." Reyna replied sarcastically.

"Calm yourself captain snarky pants." I said laughing a bit. The corners of her mouth twitched up into a small smile. I felt rather pleased with myself for earning that no matter how small it was.

"Think you can walk all the way to the van on your own?" Reyna asked.

"I can try." I said nervously. The last time I'd tried to walk a great distance on my own things hadn't gone well.

"I'll be behind you don't worry." Reyna said letting go of me but keeping her hand on the small of my back. My bad leg had gotten better but I had the fear that it would always have problems. I still had a pretty severe limp.

It was slow progress because the more I worked the more my other injuries began to flare up. But I kept going anyways reassured by her light and gentle touch. We made it to the van eventually and I got priority seating which was shot gun.

Reyna sat as far back as possible in the van and stared almost blankly out the window. I tried not to think too much about it and sat still for most of the ride flipping through radio channels.

Getting to the beach was about an hour drive or so but it was a perfect day for it. It was slightly cloudy and the sun was less vibrant than normal which was great since it helped my eyes properly adjust. Percy was eager to just get out and run off into the water but Annabeth convinced him to help carry things.