I Need A Haircut

Thalia's POV

Coming back to camp was more chaotic than expected. To be honest I don't know why I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. Then again I've never supposedly died and come back to life before. Just kidding. After doing it once you think people would get used to it.

My nose throbbed but became a mild pain as Annabeth angrily punched my arm before hugging me while Percy ruffled my hair despite my obvious protests. Piper rolled her eyes at me but smiled while Frank looked confused and Hazel just patted his arm saying I'd explain. Nico weaseled his way past everyone.

"Move I'm small and gay!" He said nudging Annabeth out of the way before glaring daggers at me and crossing his arms.

"What?" I asked but Nico didn't answer he just stared coldly at me. "Hazel what's wrong with him?"

"He's being moody," Hazel explained.

"Am not!" Nico argued.

Will who was standing a little ways away rolled his eyes and nodded in agreement with Hazel.

"Alright everyone calm down!" Chiron ordered, resting a hand on my shoulder. He gave me an unamused and tired look. I felt guilty for having made him sad and worried. "It's not like we haven't experienced this before."

"Guilty." Leo and Percy said with a shrug.

"Nevertheless it's late." Chiron informed. "And I'm sure you're all very tired."

The other campers animatedly disagreed. Yet Chiron sent them off to bed anyways only leaving me with my friends.

"I'm assuming this is a more private matter to discuss." He said glancing down at me.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I guess you can all grab a seat."

They sat down very much like small kids waiting for a good story. It was almost amusing, except I was thrown off a bit. Reyna remained standing albeit in the back of the group, arms crossed, eyes holding a distant look.

"Do you sort of know what happened before hand?" I asked.

"I told them," Reyna nodded, seeming to finally snap back to reality. Her tone was a bit bitter and I realized that maybe it'd been cruel of me to leave her as the one to break the news to the others. Then again it wasn't exactly my fault.

"Thank you," I smiled. "Hopefully it wasn't too difficult for you."

Reyna snorted and rolled her eyes. She and Jason made eye contact and I immediately knew something had gone down between the two of them. Jason looked down not meeting my gaze. I'd have to ask about it later.

"Well it was just after the tunnel collapsed...." I paused all of it flashing in my head.

The chaos that followed afterwards was violent and gruesome. My senses were so strained  that everything seemed to run together. Dust would explode as I fought but as quickly as it came something would replace the fallen monster.

I had little recollection of my actions. I'd lost my spear in the chest of an enemy. My hands charged with electricity became my only weapons. Without knowing exactly how I'd done it I formed a lightning bolt in the palm of my hand. It radiated a strong and dangerous energy. For a moment the monsters seemed to falter being just as confused as I felt but I took the moment to attack.

I became the embodiment of a storm fueled only by the will of survival. Wind came in large powerful gusts hurling bodies over the railing. Lightning arched about in brilliant colors and danced through the ranks of the enemy. Thunder rattled the air and ground weakening the stability of what remained of the building.