Waiting

Thalia's POV

I ran off to find Jason. He was my main priority. I wanted to make sure he was dressed properly and had everything he needed. Of course, he could probably handle all of it on his own having been at the Roman camp for eight years or so but it was my inner older sister freaking out.

Besides, he could be rather forgetful. It ran in the family and often times he forgot he was wearing his glasses when they were on his face. Even worse he sometimes forgot they were on his head and spent hours trying to find them.

I jogged into our cabin glancing about to see if he was there but he wasn't. Sighing I figured he was off doing something important. If anything I shouldn't bother him. So I resorted to getting ready myself. It had been a long time since I'd worn actual armor and it had gathered a thin layer of dust.

Sighing I wiped it off as best as I could when I heard a light knock on the door. "Come in!"

I glanced over my shoulder surprised to see a familiar red head. It was Rachel.

"Hey," She smiled sitting down next to me.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing just that Sila's been hanging out with me. He said he wants to help. So does Grover and Fawn," Rachel informed.

"We can use all the help we can get," I said. " Grover's got moves and he's a bad bad ass so he certainly can help. As for Fawn she's small but she's strong. Sila worries me though. It may be hard on him to fight his siblings."

"It's no different than you," Rachel shrugged.

"How so?" I asked.

" I mean considering you and your Dad," Rachel explained. "And before you ask how I know what happened on Olympus it's because of oracle stuff."

"Right," I laughed albeit a little uncomfortable that she'd seen all that had happened. "I guess you should tell them to suit up then. And if Grover is planning on fighting I want to see him beforehand."

Rachel nodded and stood up running off. A minute or two later Grover walked in prepped and ready for the fighting that was to come.

"Does Percy know your planning to fight?" I asked.

"Yeah he does," Grover nodded. We both knew if Grover had decided to fight without saying anything, Percy would be mad. He had told Grover a while ago to not worry so much about fighting and to follow his dreams by fulfilling Pan's former duties. While this put a kink in the time they got to spent together Grover and Percy still kept in touch and as close as ever.
In a way, Percy was like me. He wanted Grover to move on from fighting and to have a future. Percy knew he was going to be fighting for years to come and he didn't want to drag Grover along with him. It wouldn't be fair.

"Kick some butt alright?" I smiled. Grover rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah I will," He laughed and gave me a quick hug.

"You call that a hug? Come on, give me a proper one. I don't bite!" I teased ruffling the hair between his horns. Grover laughed and hugged me tightly.

"Sorry," He said. "You're not much of a touchy person unless you're asleep. Then you cuddle."

"So I've been told," I laughed. He pulled back and fixed his hair.

"I'll let you finish getting ready. Make sure you stay safe when the fighting starts," Grover said though a slight bit of worry was in his eyes.

"I will but you have to say safe too," I countered. Grover nodded and saluted before trotting out. Once he was gone I focused on getting ready. Unfortunately, it'd been so long since I'd worn proper battle gear, I'd forgotten how to strap it on appropriately. Frustrated, I searched for Reyna and found her telling a group of Apollo kids where to set up medical tents.