Hug

Reyna's POV

Everything was dark. It was black and I knew this was it. The moment where I'd finally met my match. Where the end had finally taken me from the world I called home.

But my fears were silenced when I heard voices bounce around in my head and my eyes were forced open to a bright light being shone into them. Blinking furiously I tried to make sense of where I was, of what was happening, but I was disoriented.

Everything blurred together into one massive blob in my head, sound, noise, smell all of it. But one thing kept repeating over and over in my head. Thalia. I glanced about to see wires sticking out from my skin and some sort of machine beeping and whirring nearby.

Sitting up I pulled the IV from my arm and chucked it aside and worked on the stupid breathing device someone had stuck up my nose.

"Hey no!" Will said running over. "What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm fine." I said flatly and winced as I pulled it out of my nostrils feeling funny and sore.

"No you're not lay down." He insisted trying to push me back down into the bed. I grabbed his hand in a firm hold and pulled him closer so our noses were nearly touching.

"Listen up Solace. I'm fine. Now get the hell out of my personal space. There's someone I need to find." With that I let go of his hand and he held it gingerly his eyes wide with surprise. He hurriedly got out of my way which was probably very wise of him.

I stood shakily and glanced about to see that I was part of the dozens of victims crammed in the infirmary tent. It was overwhelming to see the many bandaged and bruised figures with the stench of blood thick in the air as flies buzzed about.

"Rey!" I turned to see Hylla sitting up and smiling from where she'd been previously. She waved me over with her good arm and pulled me down to her level and hugging me tightly. "I heard what you did. You're so stupid!"

"I know." I laughed lightly and hugged her back tightly. "Nice to see you're feeling better."

"Yeah I still feel like shit but we won." Hylla said.

"How?" I asked pulling back.

"We got pushed back to the third wall and were barely hanging on. The Gods were weakening and I thought we were going to lose but. I don't know whatever you did on Olympus it caused them to panic." Hylla smiled proudly at me. "They lost control of their army and we managed to fight back with everything we had left. We subdued the enemy gods and they're currently locked up and being guarded."

"Good. Good I'm glad." I smiled but it was a bit bitter.

"Mom would be proud of you Rey. So would Dad. I know I am." Hylla said gently. "But I know you aren't looking for me. Not sure where they took her but apparently she was in  critical condition."

"Oh no." I felt worry grip me. "I'll be back okay? I love you."

"I love you too, now get going." Hylla said. I nodded and turned walking briskly out of the tent towards the real infirmary where the most critically injured had been kept.

I had yet to assess my own injuries but it didn't matter to me. My condition wasn't important. Sighing, I entered the tent only to find dozens of Apollo kids bustling about in a frantic frenzy as they struggled to save the lives of their friends and siblings.

I scanned the faces before finally spotting someone familiar. Percy. He stood pacing back and forth and as I got closer I saw the others gathered around as well. All of them were in various states of injury but it was clear, none of them were worried about themselves.