Idea

Reyna's POV

Call it a cruel twist of fate that I would wake up to find Thalia curled up against me. Arms and legs wrapped around me in a full body hug so to speak. Face inches away from mine, lips slightly parted, perfectly kissable. I tore my eyes away and would have sat up except for fear of waking her.

I noticed I was the only one awake and sighed, I didn't even have an excuse to get up. Closing my eyes I tried to wipe the image out of my head but it stayed their like it was glued to the back of my eyelids. Sighing I tried to think of anything else but her. But while I had closed my eyes my brain awakened and picked up on her scent.

Pine needles, and an open sky with a fresh breeze, and damp earth. Groaning I opened my eyes again and glanced back at her. There was no escaping it. I'd already fucked up twice. I mean honestly what was with the whole gentle stroke of the cheek thing? Or resting my hand on her hip? I was being reckless and stupid.

So here I was again being reckless and stupid. I carefully pulled her hair from the messy ponytail she now wore. Her hair was draped over her face in a thin curtain. I hesitantly brushed it out of the way and ran my hand through it.

She always said it was ugly and coarse but it wasn't. It was soft, a little thick, but smooth none the less. I studied her features for a brief moment. The way her expression softened when she rested peacefully, no nightmares or thoughts to plague that little brain of hers. Or the freckles under her eyes.

After nothing more than a moment I looked away. No use in getting hung up over it. I peeled her arms off of me and sat up shifting her leg off as well until I could carefully move freely. Standing up I straightened the borrowed shirt I wore and sat at the table.

It was a while before the others started to wake as well. Piper yawned and laughed lightly. She took Jason's glasses off and sat them down on the table having walked over to me.

"Always forgets to take them off." Piper said sitting down across from me. "I see we are both about to participate in the classic, awkward wait until everyone else wakes up which happens at all sleep overs."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Yes because I'd know so much about that."

"What do you mean?" Piper asked.

"I never went to sleep overs as a kid." I said with a shrug. "They never appealed to me. "

"Right," Piper nodded.

"Sorry, I know I'm not exactly that interesting. But I didn't fit in very well at New Rome."

"No way," Piper said in surprise.

"Yes." I nodded. "I was odd. See I was never officially claimed. I only figured out my parentage because of the ring I had since I was little and when I got my first legion tattoo."

"That's rough." Piper said. "Yeah me? I got claimed in front of everyone and my mom made into some Barbie Doll."

"You can borrow my Death to Barbie t-shirt then." Thalia said groggily walking over. She looked to still be half asleep.

"Thanks but no thanks." Piper laughed.

"Your loss." Thalia smiled dorkily. She frowned for a moment and brushed her hair out of her face. "What happened to my hair tie?"

I slipped my hand off the table and rested it on my leg. I'd slipped the hair tie onto my wrist on instinct.

"Must have fallen out from what I have been told by your brother you are a wild sleeper." Piper said. Thalia rolled her eyes and kicked her under the table.