Music

Thalia's POV

We'd followed the map to our next destination and located the base in order to observe the perimeter. Guards were disguised but pacing along the exterior of the building. It was tall with multiple stories and large stain glass windows.

It seemed far too nice to hold such a dark secret. That of a God holding young teenagers and children captive. Hylla was positioned at the next building over along with her fellow Amazons, Maya, and Lee. They were hovering like vultures ready to swoop down and take out their prey.

Hylla's dark eyes mirrored Reyna's as she spent an hour or two learning the exact rotation of the guards. In just a moment they'd have the opportunity, if used effectively, to take out the incoming guards and the old ones. The change would happen quickly and if the attack wasn't efficient the alarm would be sounded.

Sure enough, three young looking demigods emerged in glistening armor to relieve the others of their position. Hylla and her friends slipped off the edge of the low rise building landing directly on the exchanging triplet.

Both pairs of three collapsed to the ground and in a flash Hylla had silenced her targets with a silent choke hold around each of their necks. She hadn't killed them, simply left them unconscious.

Maya and Lee followed her lead before waving us on. Louise, the smallest of us, darted over in their direction where Hylla boosted her up to an exterior air shaft. She used her small nimble fingers and the tip of her blade to undo the screws. Tossing the metal cover down to Maya she wriggled inside.

Everyone waited patiently for a moment before her little head poked back out and she provided a thumbs up. Hylla boosted Maya up then Lee and being the last carefully placed the cover back over the shaft.

"Okay they're in." I whispered back to my group. Reyna was behind me peering over my shoulder. Emma and Lydia looked poised and ready for our part in the master plan. "Get the time marked."

Lydia nodded and started counting quielty. In approximately three minutes the next shift would come rotating around the building and spot their unconscious friends. Our job was to make sure they joined said friends; on the ground and limp.

"It makes me nervous," Reyna whispered in my ear. She didn't like the idea of Hylla being off alone.

"Hylla knows what she's doing. Be patient." After my response I settled my eyes back on where the guards lay with slow breathing.

"Okay, right about now," Lydia wanted. A few brief seconds later a group of four emerged from around the building. Two hellhounds leashed up and guided by two lastragonian giants.

"They couldn't just be demigods could they?" Emma sighed before walking out from our hiding spot along with Lydia. They both held their weapons which we'd scavenged from the oil warehouse before moving on from our encampment. Emma wielded a deadly double bladed sword and Lydia held dual knives. The hellhounds snarled having picked up on their scents.

"Come on." Backing up slowly I turned leading Reyna to the sewer cover resting on the ground a few feet behind us. Grunting, I managed to move it aside. The smell was putrid and caused my nose to burn and my eyes to water. "After you."

Reyna gave me an incredulous look. "By all means ladies first."

"I'm not sure if I should be insulted," I mumbled stepping onto the first ring of the access ladder, "or flattered."

The ladder was moist and under normal circumstances I would have been slightly disgusted but at this point I didn't give a shit about most things anymore. After I'd climbed down a good ways Reyna began to descend as well moving the cover back over the hole. We'd scoped out a map of the sewers and as long as Emma and Lydia took care of the guards we had a clean shot of getting inside from below undetected.