Mr Sykes-Chapter Two

The rest of the hour went rather quick, as Mr Sykes handed out our new timetables. Lucy chose to continue English and Art, whilst I chose History and Music. These were the subjects I exceeded in back in high school so I was advised to carry them on. Mr Sykes handed me my new timetable and shot me a small smile. I returned it and glanced down. Ugh. Mondays were horrific. Double Music, Maths then double History. I noticed two initials underneath the word 'music' as NS. NS? Who was NS? I shook it off, as the bell rung and Lucy stood up and waved me a goodbye. As I packed my things away and headed towards the door, Mr Sykes called after me.

'Elizabeth?'he asked,

'Please sir, call me Liz' I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

'Sorry....Liz....' sir laughed, he had a cute laugh if I'm honest, 'anyway, do you know where G16 is, um it's my first day and I don't know exactly where any rooms-' he asked nervously.

'Yeah, that's where im heading now' my eyes lit up, 'so that means..you're NS?' I questioned as he packed his things away quickly and slouched his bag over his shoulder. He hummed in response.

'indeed, and thanks Liz' he smiled and left the room following me closely behind. I loved the way he called me Liz, it sounded so...sweet and innocent. 

I led him to G16 and entered the room noticing no one else was there.

'Sir- where are-'

'It's one to one lessons, new syllabus and what not, so you have to learn a piece on an instrument by yourself by the end of the year, but with my help of course' he replied dropping his stuff down and making his way over to the pianos. 'you play?'

'yeah...' I replied nervously, 'it's the only instrument I can actually play without sounding like a complete travesty' I walked over to the same piano and sat down.

'Music has helped me through so many hard times, and my..past,' i suddenly felt extremely self concious and rubbed my arm that was covered up and lowered my head, 'So when I play it makes me feel happier, and...free'. He sat down next to me and gave me a questioning look, but I just looked away, indicating I didn't want to talk about it. He noticed and instantly changed the subject.

'play' he demanded. My head shot round to look him in the eyes.

'huh?I um.. I don't-'

'play..go on...for me' he smiled scanning over my eyes. I nodded nervously and placed my hands over the keys and lost my self in the music. I turned my head now and then to see him glancing over my face, but he realised this and snapped out of it, facing back to the keyboard. I finished my piece and an awkward silence fell over us.

'wow' I blushed at his comment.

'shut up, it was terrible..' I threw my hands up sarcastically gaining a laugh from him.

'well...it was brilliant compared to how shit I am, besides, I'm here to help you so we can go through it again and again Liz, don't worry' I looked at him shocked that he just swore in front of a pupil. I laughed it off and turned back to the keyboard. Damn why was he so attractive? He made me weak, but more confident around him. He felt more of a friend than a teacher.

Another hour to go... 'I can deal with this' I winked making sure he didn't see.

--------------

chapter two! so much more to come yet, hope you like it :) make sure to share it around and tweet me @_thewantedleaxx and I'll RT and follow you back :)