Mr Sykes- Chapter Twenty Three

*Liz's P.O.V*

I sighed taking a deep breath before opening the front door.

'Elizabeth!' she shouted, 'is that you?'

I closed the door slowly, turning the lock and pulling off my converse.

'Yes mom.'

I threw my jacket over the coat hook and slowly tiptoed up the first few steps of the stairs.

'Don't you even think about going upstairs, get in here now!'

I winced at the sharp tone of her voice and prepared myself for the worst. I turned around, walking into the kitchen silently.

'What did I tell you? What did I say to you?' I dropped my head looking towards the floor avoiding her gaze.

'Where the fuck have you been young lady?'

'I-i went to college.'

'Don't you dare lie to me, Elizabeth. I specifically told you and you ignored me.'

I defended, raising my tone slightly 'I'm not lieing! I swear, I went to college because I didnt-'

I was cut off instantly with a sharp, wincing pain across my face.

'you deserved that' she spat, pushing past me into the living room.

I reached my hand up to my cheek, my eyes tearing in pain. I turned around to run straight up the stairs, tears threatening to fall. I pushed past my bedroom door, slamming it behind me, twisting the lock. I grabbed my sports bag from underneath my bed, throwing it on top. I rushed over to my wardrobe and picked out a couple of tops and a pair of leggings, pulling out my converse and throwing them into my bag. I rushed over to my drawers grabbing my knickers and bras, chucking them onto the pile. I tucked them into my bag before running into my bathroom, packing my makeup and lady essentials into a make up bag, adding them to the pile. I closed the bag, picking my phone up from the bedside table and shoving it into my jumper pocket. I unlocked the door and rushed down the stairs, opening the front door, and quietly closing it behind me. Tears rolled down my cheek as I made my way to Nathans.

----------

I knocked on the door hesitantly, my eyes red and puffy. I had no more tears to cry anymore. The door unlocked before revealing a tired looking Nathan. His eyes widened gazing over my face.

'Liz?' he questioned.

'Can I come in?' I sniffed, rubbing my eyes. He nodded taking my bag from me, pulling me inside.

'What are you doing here this late? Have you been crying?' He threw his arms around my neck, pulling me into his chest, rubbing the smalls of my back.

'can I get a cup of tea please?' I laughed, as he pulled away smiling. He walked into the kitchen, me following behind him. I climbed onto the kitchen island as he walked over to the kettle, switching the switch on. He turned around, walking towards me. Nathan took my hands in his,

'what's happened, Liz?' he looked worried. Tears threatened to fall again as I avoided his gaze.

'n-nothing, my mom and I, we just, had a an argument thats all' I lied.

'what about? Did she hurt you?'

A tear fell down my cheek instantly being wiped away by his thumb. I stayed quiet.

'Liz...what's she done?'

There was a long pause,

'she, s-she slapped me'

'she what? what the fuck?' his tone raised angrily,

'hey, calm down, I'm fine-honest' I smiled weakly, placing my hands on his chests in attempt to calm him down.

'She hurt you, Liz, she's your mum!'

'look I'm fine, leave it' I sighed.

He turned around pulling two cups out of the cupboard, carrying on making the cups of tea.

'Here,' he handed me the cup. I smiled,

'thank you' He put on a smile before taking my hand, 'come on, it's late'

We walked upstairs slowly, and into his room, walking around to the other side of his bed. I placed the mug down, slipping underneath the covers. I watched as Nathan removed his top to reveal his slightly toned abs. He caught me looking gaining a laugh from his mouth. He slipped underneath the covers, throwing his arm around me. I cuddled into his chest, as he traced circles across my arm.

'Nathan.'

he hummed in response, leaning his head on top of mine.

'please don't make me go back, I can't go back I can't-'

'hey, look, stay as long as you like- I need the company anyway, its fucking boring on my own' he laughed.

'thankyou' I mumbled, before groaning in pain.

Nathan noticed, instantly becoming worried.

'What's wrong?'

'nothing,' I smiled, 'just stomach cramps, got any paracetamol?'

'yeah, hold on'

He stumbled into the bathroom rummaging around before walking back out with the tablets. He handed them too me as I sat up gulping them down with a swig of tea.

I gagged sarcastically, gaining his laugh. I returned back to our previous position, breathing heavily.

'Hey,'

'hmm'

'Liz it's christmas soon. Should we be spending it together?'

'Y-yeah if you want to, I don't wanna be a bother'

'I'm going back down to Gloucester to spend it with my family, tradition, you should come if you like, I mean, they would want to meet you'

'yeah-oh hey mum, here's the student I'm dating by the way' I laughed.

'stop reminding me.' he said sternly. 

I furrowed my eyebrows,

'sorry' I mumbled.

An awkward silence filled the atmosphere, before Nathan let out a sigh.

'Please come, for me?'

'are you sure?'

'positive. We will just have to make an excuse about us up, that's all'

I hummed quietly, before switching the bedside table off, and resting on Nathan's chest.

---------

ooo long one
#thatswhatshesaid

haha anyway:3 yeah, 2.2k THANKYOU SO MUCH:3

COMMENT VOTE SHARE ETC ILY:3