Mr Sykes- Chapter Sixteen

'Im afraid the cancer has spread rather quicker than we had expected. I advise you to keep your family and friends close, Elizabeth.'

A tear fell down my cheek as I took a breath in, silence filling the room. I xould hear the heartbeat of my own chest. My mom pulled me into her arms hushing me, telling me everything is going to be alright.

'I'll give yourselves some privacy.' the doctor walked past me sighing sympathetically, and closing the door behind him. We sat in silence for what seemed like forever, the only noise in the room was my sobs.

'I'm going to die' I let out a gasp of air. "I'm going to die, mom I'm dieing!' I cried loudly.

'Liz, darling, please, it's going to be alright, we're going to help you. But for now you need to sleep. Have some rest. Fuck college for the time being, you're staying at home with me.'

She pulled me up and into her chest slowly wiping the tears from my eyes. We silently walked out of the doctors room heading towards the car.

---------------

The car journey was silent. I liked it this way, peaceful. The only sound of the radio music filled the atmosphere.  I stared gazingly out of the car window, deciding what I wanted to do. Continue college, travel the world, create a bucket list, do nothing? But first I needed to find a way to tell Nathan. And my Mom how I'm dating my fucking teacher. She was always one of the over protective kinds, ever since I was young. If she didn't accept it, I didn't give a shit. I was young and dieing for christ sake. The car turned sharply round the corner pulling up onto the drive. The engine jerked off.

'Were here,' she whispered, sending me a small smile, unbuckeling her seat belt. I nodded slowly and stepped out of the car. The brisk winter air hit my face sending a cold shiver down my spine, gaining goosebumps trailing up my arms. I walked towards the house slowly, taking small steps of guilt each time. I took in the surroundings around me as the door unlocked gaining my attention. I stepped inside instantly running up the stairs and locking myself in my bedroom.

------
as promised I will give two chapters tonight, I will update again around 8pm.

thankyou so much for the 1k reads imnso overjoyed:3 x